Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
Stand a chance to win a Samsung TV 65 inch (“Samsung TV Prize”).
1. Promoter: This competition is promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot.com”, “Takealot”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Competition Period: This competition runs from 00h01 on Wednesday, 1 September 2021 until 23h59 on Thursday, 16 September 2021 (“Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23h59 on Thursday, 16 September 2021.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the particular prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Takealot.com or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Takealot.com, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter: This competition is run on the takealot.com website, as well as related Takealot mobi-sites and software applications, and you will need to have a valid Takealot account to participate. To enter you must, during the Competition Period, log in to your Takealot account AND successfully pre-order from us at least one of either the ‘Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3’ 5G smartphone device (price of R21,999) or ‘Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3’ 5G smartphone device (price of R21,999), AND THEN still during the Competition Period complete in full the purchase thereof from us (i.e. paid for in full within the Competition Period) (collectively a “Qualifying Entry(ies)”). Each Qualifying Entry will be automatically entered into the draw, and you will stand a chance to win the Samsung TV Prize. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
5 . Content of your entry: Your entry may not: (i) contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion; nor (ii) contain any content which may be harmful to Takealot.com or its associated companies in any way; nor (iii) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of Takealot.com, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5.
6. How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition as many times as you wish during the Competition Period. Each Qualifying Entry (completed as described in section 4 above) will give you one entry into the draw. Please note that each additional entry to your first entry must be different.
7. Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in this competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
8. Prize: We will randomly select one winner after the end of the Competition Period (i.e. one winner in total), in accordance with section 9 below. The particular winner will receive the Samsung TV Prize (i.e. not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash).
9. Winner: The winner will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received by way of random draw, at or before 16h00 on 23 September 2021. The winner and his/her corresponding Samsung TV Prize will be announced by way of direct message via the particular winner’s Takealot login email address, the first business day after the relevant draw. We will then send a direct message to request his/her name, surname, email address, ID number, delivery address and telephone number (“Participant Information”). We will make two direct attempts to obtain such information. Once we have received this information and validated the particular winner, we will deliver or otherwise arrange delivery of the corresponding prize to him/her as soon as possible, subject to section 10 below. Proof of identity and a completed competition release form will be required in order to validate the particular winner. We will select a winner who has taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who is in compliance with these rules by way of random draw, at our sole discretion. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of a winner and his/her prize in terms hereof, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the particular winner.
10. Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 24 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; (iii) in anticipation of delivery of the corresponding prize, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity, or refuses to or cannot provide a completed competition release form; or (iv) he/she cancels or returns the applicable qualifying purchase from Takealot within the Competition Period, and such cancellation or return is not a ‘Not what you ordered?’, ‘Products damaged on delivery’ or ‘Defective products’ return. In the event of disqualification of a particular winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants.
11. Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Takealot.com or a third party nominated by Takealot.com of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as a winner and the corresponding prize can be delivered to you. The particular winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit Takealot the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, and/or be present when the relevant draw is taking place or he/she is announced as a winner, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering this competition, you consent that Takealot.com can use the contents of the competition submission / your winning Qualifying Entry for marketing purposes.
12. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on notice to you), or to change the rules at our discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the particular prize, as stated herein).