Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
The Takealot & Capitec Live Better (2022) T&Cs: Voucher Competition
Stand a chance to win one of forty R5,000 Takealot Gift Vouchers (i.e. each valid for three years from the date of issue, and not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash) (“General Voucher Prize(s)”), or if you are a first-time buyer on the Takealot platform, then stand a chance to win one of five R10,000 Takealot Gift Vouchers (i.e. each valid for three years from the date of issue, and not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash) (“New Buyer Voucher Prize(s)”), each as described further below.
1. Promoter: This competition is promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot.com”, “Takealot”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Competition Period: This competition runs from 08h00 on Monday, 01 April 2022 until 23h59 on Sunday, 1 May 2022 (“Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23h59 on Sunday, 1 May 2022.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the particular prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Takealot.com or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Takealot.com, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter: This competition is run on the takealot.com website, as well as related Takealot mobi-sites and software applications, and you will need to have a valid Takealot account to participate. Eight General Voucher Prizes and one New Buyer Voucher Prize will be allocated for each weekly period during the Competition Period (i.e. firstly 1 to 6 April 2022, then 7 April to 13 April 2022, then 14 April to 20 April 2022, then 21 April to 26 April 2022, and lastly 27 April to 1 May 2022) (each a “Weekly Period”). To enter you must, during the particular Weekly Period, log in to your Takealot account AND complete in full a purchase of any item(s) from us using your Capitec bank card, AND WITH an aggregate shopping cart value of R500 or more (i.e. paid for in full within the particular Weekly Period) (collectively a “Qualifying Entry(ies)”), and each successful Qualifying Entry received will be automatically entered into the corresponding draw for a chance to win one of the aforesaid prizes allocated for that Weekly Period. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
5. Content of your entry: Your entry may not: (i) contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion; nor (ii) contain any content which may be harmful to Takealot.com or its associated companies in any way; nor (iii) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of Takealot.com, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5.
6. How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition as many times as you wish during the Competition Period, and each successful Qualifying Entry received (i.e. completed as described in section 4 above) will give you one entry into the corresponding draw. Please note that each additional entry to your first entry must be different.
7. Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in this competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
8. Prize: We will randomly select eight General Voucher Prize winners per Weekly Period, plus one New Buyer Voucher Prize winner per Weekly Period, from the successful Qualifying Entries received (i.e. nine different winners in total per Weekly Period, and forty-five different winners in total for the Competition Period) and in accordance with section 9 below. Each particular winner will receive a corresponding aforesaid prize.
9. Winner: The first set of nine winners will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 1 April to 6 April 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on Thursday, 7 April 2022. The second set of nine winners will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 7 April to 13 April 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on Thursday, 14 April 2022. The third set of nine winners will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 14 April to 20 April 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on Friday, 21 April 2022. The fourth set of nine winners will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 21 April to 27 April 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on Friday, 28 April 2022. The fifth and final set of nine winners will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 28 April to 1 May 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on Tuesday, 3 May 2022. Each such winner and his/her corresponding General Voucher Prize or New Buyer Voucher Prize will be announced by way of direct message to his/her Takealot login email address the first business day after the relevant draw. We will then send a direct message to request his/her name, surname, email address, ID number, delivery address and telephone number (“Participant Information”). We will make two direct attempts to obtain such information. Once we have received this information and validated the particular winner, we will deliver or otherwise arrange delivery of the corresponding prize to him/her as soon as possible, subject to section 10 below. Proof of identity and a completed competition release form will be required in order to validate the particular winner. We will select winners who have taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who are in compliance with these terms and conditions by way of random draw, at our sole discretion. Regarding the application of these terms and conditions and the selection of a winner and his/her prize in terms hereof, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winners.
10. Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 72 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other term or condition set out herein; (iii) in anticipation of delivery of the corresponding prize, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity, or refuses to or cannot provide a completed competition release form; or (iv) he/she cancels or returns the applicable qualifying purchase from Takealot within the particular Weekly Period, and such cancellation or return is not a ‘Not what you ordered?’, ‘Products damaged on delivery’ or ‘Defective products’ return. In the event of disqualification of a particular winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants.
11. Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Takealot.com or a third party nominated by Takealot.com of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as a winner and the corresponding prize can be delivered to you. The particular winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit Takealot the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, and/or be present when the relevant draw is taking place or he/she is announced as a winner, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering this competition, you consent that Takealot.com can use the contents of the competition submission / your winning Qualifying Entry for marketing purposes.
12. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on notice to you), or to change the terms and conditions of this competition at our discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the particular prize, as stated herein).