Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
The Ultimate Checkout Competition | Terms & Conditions
Stand a chance to win a R10,000 Takealot gift voucher, plus a R10,000 Superbalist gift voucher, plus a R10,000 Mr D Food coupon (collectively the “Ultimate Checkout Prize”).
1. Promoters: This competition is co-promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot”), Fashion United SA (Pty) Ltd t/a Superbalist.com (reg. no. 2017/007569/07) (“Superbalist”) and Mr Delivery (Pty) Ltd t/a Mr D Food (reg. no. 1992/004664/07) (“Mr D Food”) (each a “Promoter” and collectively the “Promoters”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Competition Period: This competition runs from 06h00 on Monday, 24 August 2020 until 23h59 on Wednesday, 26 August 2020 (“Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23h59 on Wednesday, 26 August 2020.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the particular prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to any of the Promoters or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter: This competition is run on the takealot.com, superbalist.com and mrdfood.com websites, as well as related Takealot, Superbalist and Mr D Food mobi-sites and software applications (each a “Qualifying Platform”), and you will need to have a valid Takealot, Superbalist and Mr D Food account to participate. To enter you must, during the Competition Period, log in to each of your Takealot, Superbalist and Mr D Food accounts using the same login email address AND complete in full at least one purchase of your choosing on each Qualifying Platform (collectively a “Qualifying Entry”). Each Qualifying Entry will be entered into the draw and you will stand a chance to win the Ultimate Checkout Prize. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
5. Content of your entry: Your entry may not: (i) contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion; nor (ii) contain any content which may be harmful to a Promoter or its associated companies in any way; nor (iii) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a Promoter, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5.
6. How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition as many times as you wish during the Competition Period. Each Qualifying Entry (completed as described in section 4 above) will give you one entry into the draw. Please note that each additional entry to your first entry must be different.
7. Entry fees: There are no additional entry fees to participate in this competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
8. Prize: We will randomly select one winner after the end of the Competition Period, in accordance with section 9 below. The winner will receive the Ultimate Checkout Prize.
9. Winner: The winner will be chosen by way of random draw, at or before 16h00 on Friday, 28 August 2020. The winner will be announced by way of a post on each Promoter’s official Facebook and Twitter pages on Monday, 31 August 2020. We will then send a direct message via the particular winner’s participating email address to request his/her name, surname, email address, ID number, delivery address and telephone number (“Participant Information”). We will make two direct attempts to obtain such information. Once we have received this information and validated the winner, we will deliver the Ultimate Checkout Prize to the particular winner as soon as possible, subject to section 10 below. Proof of identity will be required in order to validate the particular winner. We will select a winner who has taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who is in compliance with these terms and conditions by way of random draw, at our sole discretion. Regarding the application of these terms and conditions and the selection of a winner and his/her prize in terms hereof, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the particular winner.
10. Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 72 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other term or condition set out herein; or (iii) he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity. In the event of disqualification of a particular winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants.
11. Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by each Promoter or a third party nominated by the Promoters of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as the winner and the Ultimate Checkout Prize can be delivered to you. The particular winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit each Promoter the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, and/or be present when the relevant draw is taking place or he/she is announced as the winner, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering this competition, you consent that each Promoter can use the contents of the competition submission / your winning Qualifying Entry for marketing purposes.
12. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on notice to you), or to change the terms and conditions of this competition at our discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the particular prize, as stated herein).
13. Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the competition terms and conditions set out above, as well as the terms conditions relating to Takealot gift vouchers (accessible at https://www.takealot.com/help/promotional-codes-tcs), Superbalist gift vouchers (accessible at https://superbalist.com/terms_and_conditions) and Mr D Food coupons (accessible at https://www.mrdfood.com/terms), without exception.