Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
1. Promoter: This competition is promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot.com”, “Takealot” “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Competition Period: The competition runs from 2pm on 28 January 2019 to 3pm on 28 April 2019 (the “Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 3pm on 28 April 2018.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Takealot.com or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Takealot.com, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter: As this competition is run on Takealot’s Facebook and Twitter social media accounts, you will need a valid Facebook or Twitter account to participate. To enter this competition you must, during the Competition Period, (i) purchase an Ultimate Braai Master product from Takealot.com (via the Ultimate Braai Master Store on the Takealot website), and (ii) share a link to or a screenshot of your purchased Ultimate Braai Master product on Takealot’s weekly Facebook or Twitter competition post with the hashtag #TakealotUBM6. While you are welcome to tag Takealot.com in your post, please note that your entry will not be considered if it does not include the #TakealotUBM6 hashtag. Please ensure that your competition post is public so that Takealot can access it during the competition draw. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
5. Content of your entry: Your entry may not contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion. Your entry may not contain any content which may be harmful to Takealot.com or its associated companies in any way. It may not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of Takealot.com, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5.
6. How many times you can enter: You can enter this competition as many times as you like by sharing your Ultimate Braai Master product purchase on Facebook and Twitter as per section 4 above. Please note that while you may enter the competition on Facebook and Twitter as many times you like, you only stand a chance of winning one prize during the Competition Period and only one winner will be drawn per week from all valid Facebook and Twitter entries received.
7. Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
8. Prize: There are 13 prizes up for grabs each week of the Competition Period, with one prize allocated to one winner per week, i.e. one winner in total will be awarded a prize each week of the Competition Period. The prizes, or any part thereof, are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. Further detail regarding the prizes can be found here. These prizes are at the sole discretion of Takealot and may be substituted at any time.
9. Winner: One winner will be drawn every week of the Competition Period from the entries received on Facebook and Twitter. All valid entries received as per section 4 above will be pooled together from each social media channel and the weekly winner will be drawn therefrom. Weekly winners will be drawn and announced at random every Monday (on their winning entries). Takealot will select winners who have taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who are in compliance with these rules at its sole discretion. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of a winner in terms hereof, Takealot’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner/s.
10. Winner information: Winners will be asked to share their email address with Takealot via private message on the social media page on which they won in order for Takealot to make contact with them for purposes of issuing their prize. Before any prizes can be issued to winners, they are required to provide Takealot with their name, surname, ID number, delivery address and contact number (“Participant Information”). Winners will also be required to complete and return a competition release form to Takealot within 3 business days of receipt. Takealot may, in addition to the competition release form, require additional proof of identity to validate winners.
11. Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 24 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; and (iii) upon delivery of the prize, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity. In the event of disqualification of a winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants.
12. Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Takealot or a third party nominated by Takealot of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as a winner and your prize can be delivered to you. The winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit Takealot the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, and/or be present when the draw is taking place or the winners are announced, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering the competition, you consent that Takealot can use the contents of your entry / social media post for marketing purposes.
13. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on 20 business days’ notice to you), or to change the rules at our discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the prize, as stated herein).
14. Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the competition rules set out above, without exception.