Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
Ultimate Night In Competition T&Cs
Stand a chance to win the ‘ultimate night in’ prize hamper to the value of R100,000 (i.e. not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash), as described further below (“Ultimate Night In”).
- Promoters: This competition is co-promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot”), Fashion United SA (Pty) Ltd t/a Superbalist.com (reg. no. 2017/007569/07) (“Superbalist”) and Mr Delivery (Pty) Ltd t/a Mr D Food (reg. no. 1992/004664/07) (“Mr D Food”) (each a “Promoter” and collectively the “Promoters”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
- Competition Period: This competition runs from 06h00 on Friday, 22 July 2022 until 23h59 on Wednesday, 27 July 2022 (“Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23h59 on Wednesday, 27 July 2022.
- Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the particular prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to any of the Promoters or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the Promoters, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
- How to enter: This competition is run collectively on the takealot.com, superbalist.com and mrdfood.com websites, as well as related Takealot, Superbalist and Mr D Food mobi-sites and software applications (each a “Qualifying Platform”), and you will need to have a valid Takealot account, a valid Superbalist account, and a valid Mr D Food account to participate. To enter you must, during the Competition Period, log in to each of your Takealot, Superbalist and Mr D Food accounts using the same account registration/login email address (“accounts email address”) AND complete in full at least one purchase of your choosing on each Qualifying Platform (i.e. excluding any purchase of vouchers, coupons, airtime or SIM cards), AND each with an aggregate shopping cart value of R100 or more (i.e. including applicable delivery fees, and paid for in full within the Competition Period) (collectively “Qualifying Entry(ies)”). Each successful Qualifying Entry received will be automatically entered into the corresponding draw for a chance to win the Ultimate Night In. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
- Content of your entry: Your entry may not: (i) contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any other content we deem inappropriate in our sole discretion; nor (ii) contain any content which may be harmful to a Promoter or its associated companies in any way; nor (iii) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a Promoter, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5.
- How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition only once during the Competition Period. Each successful Qualifying Entry received (i.e. completed as described in section 4 above) will give the corresponding participant one entry into the corresponding draw.
- Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in this competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
- Prize: We will randomly select one winner from the successful Qualifying Entries received (i.e. one winner in total), after the end of the Competition Period and in accordance with section 9 below. The winner will receive the Ultimate Night In (i.e. not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash), comprised of the following:
- from Takealot, Takealot Gift Vouchers to the combined value of R33,334 (i.e. each such voucher valid for three years from the date of issue);
- from Superbalist, a hamper of products and Superbalist Gift Vouchers to the combined value of R33,333; and
- from Mr D Food, Mr D Food wiCode Vouchers to the combined value of R33,333.
- Winner: The winner will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received by way of random draw, at or before 16h00 on Thursday, 28 July 2022. The winner and his/her corresponding prize will be announced by way of direct message to his/her accounts email address by 17h00 on the same day as the relevant draw. We will then send a direct message to request his/her participant information (including name, surname, email address, ID number, delivery address and telephone number, etc.) (collectively “Participant Information”). We will make two direct attempts within a 72-hour period to obtain such information. Once we have received this information and validated the particular winner, we will deliver or otherwise arrange delivery of the corresponding prize to him/her on 8 August 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter, subject to section 10 below. Proof of identity and a completed competition release form will be required in order to validate the particular winner. We will select a winner who has taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who is in compliance with these terms and conditions by way of random draw, at our sole discretion. Regarding the application of these terms and conditions and the selection of a winner and his/her prize in terms hereof, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the particular winner.
- Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 72 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other term or condition set out herein; (iii) in anticipation of delivery of the corresponding prize, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity, or refuses to or cannot provide a completed competition release form; or (iv) he/she cancels or returns the applicable qualifying purchase from any of the Promoters before 8 August 2022, and such cancellation or return is not a ‘Not what you ordered?’, ‘Products damaged on delivery’ or ‘Defective products’ return/cancellation (or the equivalent of any of the aforesaid). In the event of disqualification of a particular winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants.
- Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by each Promoter or a third party nominated by the Promoters of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as the winner and the corresponding prize can be delivered to you. The particular winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit each Promoter the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, and/or be present when the relevant draw is taking place or he/she is announced as the winner, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering this competition, you consent that each Promoter can use the contents of the competition submission / your winning Qualifying Entry for marketing purposes.
- Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on notice to you), or to change the terms and conditions of this competition at our sole discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the particular prize, as stated herein).