Connick Jr, Harry - In Concert On Broadway (CD)
Discovery Miles 2 890
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Musical & Performing Arts
- Performing Arts
- Music (General)
- Big Bands/Big Band Era
- Number of Discs
- Copy Control
- Number of Items
- In Concert On Broadway
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Columbia Records/Sony Mus
- Released By
- Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment
- Mono / Stereo
- TV System
- JazzTimes (p.89) - "He layers in the jazz slowly: a blistering piano solo torching the heart of 'Besame Mucho,' a sharply intuitive reading of 'How Insensitive' that echoes the interpretive prowess of Sinatra or even Holiday."
- Harry Connick, Jr.: In Concert on Broadway (Primary Title - English)
- Columbia Records/Sony
- Release Status
- In Print
- Running Time
- Release Date
- 2 August 2020
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] We Are in Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Way You Look Tonight, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] B‚same Mucho
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Other Hours, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Nowhere with Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] How Insensitive
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Come by Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] My Time of Day/I've Never Been in Love Before
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] All the Way
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Bayou Maharajah
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Recipe for Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Hear Me in the Harmony
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Light the Way
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Tug Boat
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] St. James Infirmary Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Take Her to the Mardi Gras
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] How Come You Do Me Like You Do?
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Oh, Didn't He Ramble
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Bourbon Street Parade
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] Conversation with Harry, A
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] We Are in Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Way You Look Tonight, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] B‚same Mucho
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Other Hours, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Nowhere with Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] How Insensitive
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Come by Me
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] My Time of Day/I've Never Been in Love Before
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] All the Way
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Bayou Maharajah
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Hear Me in the Harmony
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Light the Way
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Take Her to the Mardi Gras
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Bourbon Street Parade
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Similar Releases
Personnel: Harry Connick, Jr. (vocals, piano); Kristina Musser, Louise Owen, Philip Payton, Ming Yeh, Antoine Silverman, Hiroko Taguchi, Jonathan Dinklage (violin); Orlando Wells, Todd Low (viola); Amy Ralske, Anja Wood (cello); Geoff Burke (soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Jerry Weldon (tenor saxophone); Kevin Bryan , Mark Braud (trumpet); Lucien Barbarin, Dion Tucker (trombone); Joe Barati (bass trombone); Arthur Latin (drums).
Audio Mixers: Chris Finney; Tracey Freeman.
Recording information: The Neil Simon Theatre, Broadway, New York, NY (07/30/2010-07/31/2010).
Directors: Francois Lamoureux; Pierre Lamoureux.
Editor: Yves Dion.
Photographer: Nicole Rivelli.
Unknown Contributor Roles: John Gore; Thomas B. McGrath; Jennifer Costello; Beth Williams.
Arranger: Harry Connick, Jr.
Part of WNET's Great Performances series on PBS, In Concert on Broadway features crooner/pianist Harry Connick, Jr. performing with big band and orchestra over two nights at the Neil Simon Theatre in New York City in July of 2010. Backing Connick here is a top-notch group of musicians featuring several well-known New Orleans performers, including trombonist Lucien Barbarin and trumpeter Mark Braud, who are featured. Although the album opens with his '90s hit "We Are in Love," Connick largely sticks to tracks off his 2009 album Your Songs. To this end, listeners get his take on the Latin classic "B‚same Mucho" and the American popular song standard "All the Way," as well as the mid-album Frank Loesser medley "My Time of Day"/"I've Never Been in Love Before." Elsewhere, Connick delves into his own high-quality original material with "The Other Hours" from 2003's Other Hours: Connick on Piano, Vol. 1 as well as the midtempo swinger "Nowhere with Love" and title track from 1999's Come by Me. A longtime champion for his hometown of New Orleans, Connick closes out the album with several joyous Crescent City-themed cuts, including his own "Take Her to the Mardi Gras" as well as the traditional second-line song "Bourbon Street Parade." Joyous, urbane, and always charming, Connick is in perfect vocal form here and, of course, shows off his impeccable piano jazz chops throughout the album. In every way, In Concert on Broadway is a welcome showcase for Connick's traditional-meets-contemporary pop chops. ~ Matt Collar
- Studio / Live
- Release Notes
Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
PCM Stereo - English
- Video Disabled
- Harry Connick, Jr.
- Francois Lamoureux; Pierre Lamoureux; Tracey Freeman
- Date Released
- 2011-01-01 00:00:00
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- 76m 18s
- David Hewitt; Dave Hewitt; Ryan Hewitt
No reviews yet.
Region 1 - United States, Canada, Bermuda, U.S. territories.