Crow:New Songs for the Five String Ba - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 390
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- The Crow: New Songs for the Five-String Banjo
- Country of Origin
- Entertainment Weekly (p.67) - "Martin showcases his fine five-string talents on instrumentals such as 'Pitkin County Turnaround' and the wistful 'Freddie's Lilt.'" -- Grade: B
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] None
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Daddy Played the Banjo
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Pitkin County Turnaround
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Hoedown at Alice's
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Late for School
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Tin Roof
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Words Unspoken
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Pretty Flowers
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Wally on the Run
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Freddie's Lilt
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Saga of the Old West
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Clawhammer Medley
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Calico Train
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Banana Banjo
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Blue River Waltz
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Crow, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Calico Train
- South Africa
Personnel: Steve Martin (vocals, banjo); Dolly Parton, Mary Black, Tim O'Brien, Vince Gill (vocals); John McEuen (guitar, banjo, mandolin, electric bass); Russ Barenberg, Michael Daves (guitar); Jerry Douglas (dobro); Earl Scruggs, Pete Wernick, Tony Trischka (banjo); Stuart Duncan (mandolin, fiddle); Matt Flinner (mandolin); Jourdan Urbach (violin); Craig Eastman, Brittany Haas (fiddle); Liam Og O'Floinn (tin whistle, Uilleann pipe); Hans Olson (harmonica); Chris Caswell (accordion, piano); Skip Ward (acoustic bass); Bruce Martin (bodhran, tabla, percussion); David Amram, Kenny Malone (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Nick Sevilla; Nichol s Sevilla.
Liner Note Author: Steve Martin.
Recording information: Acoustic Traveller Studio, Hollywood, CA; Bennett Studios, Englewood, NJ; Cauldron Studio; Dublin, Ireland; Ocean Way Studios, Nsahville, TN.
The banjo has been a major player in Steve Martin's act since his earliest days of stand-up. Back in the era of wild 'n' crazy guys and arrows through heads, the comedian's bluegrass breakdowns seemed just another puzzle piece to his absurdist shtick. However, four decades into a career of comedy, movies, novels, and memoirs, Martin proves his banjo love no passing fancy on his dead-serious 2009 musical debut, THE CROW. It's a somber yet fun affair that ranges from rollicking instrumentals like "Hoedown at Alice's" and "Tin Roof" (on which he is joined by fellow comedian-musician Eugene Levy) to the rich country balladry of "Pretty Flowers" (featuring Dolly Parton & Vince Gill in gentle duet). The only time Martin regresses to silliness comes on "Late for School," a dizzying, sweet, and downright hilarious narrative of a dash to beat the opening bell told from the frantic schoolboy's perspective.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Steve Martin
- John McEuen; John McEuen
- 46m 56s
- Michael Manning; Rob Clark; Ciaran Byrne; Travis Stefl; Johnnie Truesdale; Dae Bennett; George Tutko; Pat McMakin; Billy Robinson; Michael Manning; Ciaran Byrne; Travis Stefl; Johnnie Truesdale; Dae Bennett; George Tutko; Billy Robinson
No reviews yet.