Crowded House - Woodface (CD)
List Price R 68
Discovery Miles 640
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Country of Origin
- Mono / Stereo
Rolling Stone (8/91) - Highly Recommended - "...Woodface has the big melodies and bold performances you want..."
Entertainment Weekly (7/12/91) - "...Neil Finn continues to prove himself one of the canniest and most gifted melodists around..." - Rating: B+
Q (12/99, p.70) - Included in Q Magazine's "90 Best Albums Of The 1990s."
New York Times (Publisher) (9/18/92, p.C24) - "...recalls Paul McCartney at his late-60's peak...the group offers dazzling harmonies, clever lyrics, crisp instrumentation and an ideal balance between sweetness, frolic and introspection..."
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] CHOCOLATE CAKE
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] IT'S ONLY NATURAL
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] FALL AT YOUR FEET
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] TALL TREES
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] WEATHER WITH YOU
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] WHISPERS & MOANS
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] FOUR SEASONS IN ONE DAY
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] THERE GOES GOD
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] FAME IS
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] ALL I ASK
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] AS SURE AS I AM
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] ITALIAN PLASTIC
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] SHE GOES ON
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] HOW WILL YOU GO
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] I'M STILL HERE (HIDDEN TRACK)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Chocolate Cake
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] It's Only Natural
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Fall at Your Feet
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Tall Trees
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Weather With You
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Whispers and Moans
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Four Seasons in One Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] There Goes God
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Fame Is
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] All I Ask
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] As Sure as I Am
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Italian Plastic
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] She Goes On
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] How Will You Go
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 15 June 1998
- 48m 13s
- South Africa
This is Crowded House's first LP with Tim Finn.
Crowded House: Tim Finn (vocals, guitar); Neil Finn (vocals); Nick Seymour (bass); Paul Hester (drums).
This limited edition CD is packaged in a multi-paneled digipak with artwork based on a painting by bassist Nick Seymour. This release is limited to about 15,000 copies.
Personnel: Tim Finn (vocals, guitar, piano); Neil Finn (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Paul Hester (vocals, keyboards, drums, percussion); Nick Seymour (vocals, bass guitar, background vocals); Peter Bucknell (violin); Vince Parsonage (viola); Chris Wilson (harmonica); David Hidalgo (accordion); Jack Mack (brass, horns); Stuart Ellison, Mark Hart, Mitchell Froom (keyboards); Ricky Fataar (drums, percussion); Geoffrey Hales, Alex Acu¤a (percussion); Sharon Finn (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Bob Clearmountain.
Recording information: A & M Studios, Los Angeles, CA; A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA; Ocean Way Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA; Ocean Way Studios, LA, CA; Periscope Studio, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; Platinum Studios, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Photographer: Dennis Keeley.
Unknown Contributor Role: Jorge Hildalgo.
Arranger: Jorge Callendrelli.
"Beauty" is not a word often used to describe pop music. But in the case of Neil Finn and the Australian-based trio Crowded House, it is more than appropriate. On WOODFACE, the group is joined by Finn's brother, Split Enz-meister Tim Finn, for an album that's filled with intelligence, grace, and humor, not to mention absolutely breathtaking vocal harmonies. There is a depth and texture to the songwriting and performance in the songs of Crowded House, which is just not found in most popular music.
The CD opens with "Chocolate Cake," a track that categorized Americans as fat and greedy and didn't exactly earn the band a top spot on U.S. airplay lists. The disc moves to the stunning "Its Only Natural" and "Fall at Your Feet." Just listen to "Weather With You" to find out how perfect pop music can be--it's a track that manages the difficult task of never devolving into sentimentality or inanity. The stirring surrender of "Four Seasons in One Day" further demonstrates Neil Finn's ability to transform his deepest, most disturbed emotions into great songs.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Crowded House
- Crowded House; Mitchell Froom; Neil Finn
- EMI Music Distribution
- Max Garcia; Max Garcia; Andrew Horne; Paul Kosky; Rob Jaczko; Tchad Blake
No reviews yet.