Das Paul, Bapi / Baul Bishwa - Sufi Baul - Madness & Happiness (CD)
List Price R 241
Discovery Miles 2 190
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Number of Items
- Media Type
- Sufi Baul - Madness & Happiness
- Country of Origin
- Arc Music
- Mono / Stereo
- South Africa
- World / International
- Release Date
- 1 March 2010
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Sadhan Bhajon Amar (Sleeping with Maya)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Divana Hoy Dil (Miracle Love)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Betha Dio Na (Free Love and Soul)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Mon Mazhi Aamar (River Bank of Life)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Premer Howa (Wind of Love)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Kali Kal Bhai (How Strange Society Is)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Boshe Achi Pare (Waiting for You)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Jaibon Amar (Sitting on the Love Branch)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Manab Janam (Being Alive)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Om Khamak (Roots Energy)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Aar Eli Na Re Ure (My Sweet Black Bee)
Lyricist: Bapi Das Baul.
Personnel: Bapi Das Baul (vocals); Eeshita Roy, Eeshita Roy, Bapi Das Baul (vocals); Papai Ganguly, Papai Ganguly (guitar, keyboards); Tapas Roy, Tapas Roy (banjo); Debol Das, Pijush, Sukumar Das, Debol Das, Sukumar Das (flute); S. Das (drums, percussion); Joy Nandi, Monotosh Achariya (dholki, tabla); Nandadulal Das (dholki); Monotosh Achariya, Samaresh Karmakar, Joy Nandi (tabla); Bankim Sarkar, Amit Das.
Audio Mixers: Suvradeep; Bapi Das Baul; Bapi Das Baul.
Liner Note Authors: Diz Heller; Bapi Das Baul; Bapi Das Baul.
Recording information: Bapi's Studio, Kolkata, India; Jagriti, Kolkata, India; Studio Pagol, Brussels, Belgium.
Translators: Diz Heller; Jeannine Blanpain; Ute Entwistle.
The Bauls are a movement, a tradition, a family, and much more. They're nomadic, with a rich history of music, much of it spiritually inspired -- and this album offers a good example of Muslim Sufi Baul songs (there's also Baul Hinduism). Much of the music here is on traditional instruments, although you also find guitar, drum kit, keyboards, and, weirdly, banjo. Even with the more modern instrumentation, the music sounds rooted and ancient, although the material is penned by Bapi Das Baul himself, who also contributes vocals and several percussion instruments. Interesting rather than stunning, this recording provides insight into a little slice of history that stays current. ~ Chris Nickson
- E1 Distribution (USA)
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Bapi Das Baul/Baul Bishwa
- Date Released
No reviews yet.