Esperanza Spalding - Radio Music Society (CD)
Discovery Miles 3 450
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Number of Items
- Radio Music Society [CD/DVD] [Deluxe Edition] [Digipak]
- Mono / Stereo
- Audio CD
Entertainment Weekly (p.73) - "[T]he singer-bassist sounds eager for a pop crossover -- check out her funk take on Michael Jackson's 'I Can't Help It,' and 'City of Roses,' a soulful pair-up with Q-Tip."
Uncut (magazine) (p.84) - "[I]ts melodious artiness is engaging and 'Land Of The Free' offers a touch of silky dissidence."
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Radio Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Cinnamon Tree
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Crowned & Kissed
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Land of the Free
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Black Gold
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] I Can't Help It
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Hold On Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Vague Suspicions
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Endagered Species
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Let Her
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] City of Roses
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Smile Like That
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Crowned & Kissed [Barcelona, Spain]
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Let Her [Barcelona, Spain]
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] I Can't Help It [Barcelona, Spain]
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Hold on Me [Barcelona, Spain]
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Cinnamon Tree [Barcelona, Spain]
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Vague Suspicions [Barcelona, Spain]
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Radio Song [Barcelona, Spain]
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Land of the Free [Portland, Oregon]
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] City of Roses [Portland, Oregon]
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Black Gold [New York, NY]
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Smile Like That [New York, NY]
- 57m 52s
Audio Mixer: Joe Ferla.
Recording information: Atlantic Sound Studios, Brooklyn, NY; Avatar Recording Studios, New York, NY; Kung Fu Bakery, Portland, OR; MSR Studios, New York, NY; Raydar Studios, New York, NY; Water Music, Hoboken, NJ.
Director: Pilar Sanz.
Editors: Pau Carrasco; Juanjo Ortiz; Joan Manel Vilaseca; Elodie Leuthold.
Illustrators: Roland Nicol; Jeff De Blois.
Photographers: John Abbott ; David Bartolomi; Dion Ogust; Sandrine Lee; Christopher Drukker; Jimmy Katz; Ben Wolf; Matthew Murphy ; Carlos Peric s; Jesus Chuda Hidalgo; Damian Conrad; Chanel Kennebrew; Bransy Kayzakian Rowe; Bailey Davidson.
Esperanza Spalding's Chamber Music Society reached the number one spot on Billboard's Contemporary Jazz Chart and netted her a Best New Artist Grammy. Radio Music Society is a companion piece to its predecessor. In addition to her regular band featuring pianist Leo Genovese and drummer Terry Lynne Carrington, she enlisted a large group of collaborators including -- but not limited to -- Joe Lovano, Jack DeJohnette, Billy Hart, Gretchen Parlato, Lionel Loueke, Leni Stern, Lalah Hathaway, and Q-Tip. Ms. Spalding's own compositions are accompanied by two covers: Stevie Wonder's "I Can't Help It" and Wayne Shorter's "Endangered Species (to which she contributed original lyrics).
- Universal Music Canada
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Esperanza Spalding
- Dan Hallas; Zulema Mejias; Esperanza Spalding
- Date Released
- 2012-04-01 00:00:00
- Raydar Ellis; Fernando Lodeiro; James Frazee; Joe Ferla; Blair Wells; Bob Stark; Brian Montgomery
No reviews yet.