Everything All the Time - (Import CD)
Band of Horses
Discovery Miles 2 450
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Phil Ek
- Everything All the Time
Band of Horses: Ben Bridwell (guitar); Mat Brooke (bass guitar).
Personnel: Mat Brooke (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, E-bow, banjo); Ben Bridwell (vocals, electric guitar, piano); Tim Meinig, Sera Cahoone (drums).
Audio Mixer: Phil Ek.
Recording information: Avast Studios, Seattle, WA (2005).
Photographer: Christopher Wilson .
EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME is the debut release on Sub Pop from Seattle's Band of Horses. Matt Brooke and Ben Bridwell have abandoned the melancholic slow-core of their previous band Carissa's Weird for a brighter, more straightforward indie rock sound with obvious roots in Neil Young's ragged folk and progressive indie bands like Built to Spill.
EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME benefits from strong songwriting, and the winding, yearning tenor of Bridwell, while the synthesis of introspective folky intimacy, immediately accessible melodies, and button-pushing rock elements is very appealing. Moreover, the album is beautifully produced, with layers of shimmering guitars and a warm, full backbeat, making for an impressive and highly promising first effort.
- Country of Origin
- Sub Pop (USA)
- Alternative Dis. Alliance
- Band of Horses
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] First Song, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Wicked Gil
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Our Swords
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Funeral, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Part One
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Great Salt Lake, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Weed Party
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] I Go to the Barn Because I Like The
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Monsters
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] St. Augustine
- Studio / Live
- Uncut (p.107) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "Band Of Horses specialise in melodic melancholy with a sheen of hope. Bridwell's plaintive voice lends the songs a shade of Neil Young."
- Video Disabled
- Phil Ek
No reviews yet.