Face Dances - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- British Invasion
- Mono / Stereo
- Face Dances [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster]
Originally released in March 1981, FACE DANCES was the Who's first album following the death of the group's original drummer, Keith Moon. He was replaced by Kenney Jones of the Small Faces.
The Who: Roger Daltrey (vocals); Pete Townshend (vocals, guitar, keyboards); John Entwistle (vocals, bass); Kenney Jones (drums).
Producer: Bill Szymczyk.
Reissue producers: Jon Astley, Andy Macpherson.
Principally recorded at Odyssey Studios, London, England from June-December 1980.
Recording information: Odyssey Recording Studios, London, England.
The Who's first album of the '80s and their first without drum maniac Keith Moon was viewed with cynicism by many longtime Who fans, who declared the band a dead issue. In fact, FACE DANCES was arguably the band's last aesthetically successful album. The reckless abandon of the Moon era was irretrievable, but the Who's sound was maturing all along, and Moon's madness fit Townshend's mature, sophisticated tunes less and less. FACE DANCES is no bland-out, but the band mines the subtle end of their dynamic range more extensively and successfully than ever before.
With the advancing years, the tension between Townshend's thoughtful lyrics and the rock-hero bravado of Roger Daltrey's delivery had grown more pronounced, charging these songs with subtextual energy. Guest Rabbit Bundrick's keyboards add color to Townshend's increasingly introspective examinations of adult relationships and responsibilites (sounds boring as hell, but really it's not) on "Another Tricky Day" and "How Can You Do It Alone." Entwistle's bass still rages and rumbles like a nuclear submarine, and the band's fire still rages on FACE DANCES, albeit with a bit more finesse.
- Country of Origin
- MCA (USA)
- Studio / Live
- The Who
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] You Better You Bet
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Don't Let Go the Coat
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Cache Cache
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Quiet One, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Did You Steal My Money
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] How Can You Do It Alone
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Daily Records
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] You
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Another Tricky Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I Like Nightmares - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] It's in You - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Somebody Saved Me - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] How Can You Do It Alone - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Quiet One, The - (previously unreleased)
- Universal Distribution
- CMJ (1/5/04, p.8) - Ranked #15 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1981"
- 62m 51s
- Video Disabled
- Bill Szymcyzk; Allan Blazek
No reviews yet.