Golden Age of Grotesque - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Heavy Metal
- Mono / Stereo
- The Golden Age of Grotesque [PA]
Personnel: Marilyn Manson (vocals, guitar, saxophone, Mellotron, synthesizer, bass, drums, loops); John (guitar, strings, piano); Tim Skold (guitar, accordion, keyboards, synthesizer, bass, programming); MW Gacy (keyboards, synthesizer, loops); Ginger Fish (drums).
Producers: Marilyn Manson, Tim Skold, Ben Grosse.
Recorded at Doppelherz, The Mix Room, Burbank, California and Ocean Way Studios, Los Angeles, California.
"Mobscene" was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance.
Marilyn Manson proudly wears his musical influences on his band's fifth studio album, where the perpetually androgynous singer and company continue their crusade of industrial rock outrage, making nods to forerunners while never losing that which is quintessentially Manson. "mOBSCENE," reeks of ANGEL DUST-era Faith No More. "Para Noir" offers a romantic agenda in grand Manson style, with little chance for radio edit status. "Better Of Two Evils" and "Your Fist And Not Your Mouth" rally with undeniable choruses while "This Is The New Shit" nails a Korn-inflected groove. The set's down-tempo title track is built around a haunting piano line, and "(s)AINT" deftly captures the Powerman 5000 style. The album track most likely to get extensive re-mixing is the incredibly catchy "Ka-boom Ka-boom." THE GOLDEN AGE OF GROTESQUE drops yet another bomb on convention, and Marilyn Manson clearly planned it that way.
- Country of Origin
- Interscope (USA)
- Universal Distribution
- Marilyn Manson
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Intro
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] This Is the New Shit
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Mobscene
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Use Your Fist and Not Your Mouth
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Golden Age of Grotesque, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] (s)Aint
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Ka-Boom Ka-Boom
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Slutgarden
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Spade
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Para-Noir
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Bright Young Things, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Better of Two Evils
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Vodevil
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Obsequey (The Death of Art)
- Studio / Live
Rolling Stone (5/29/03, p.62) - 3 stars out of 5 - "...[Manson] excels at absorbing what's out there and distilling it through his anti-charisma until it's simultaneously fresh and putrid..."
Entertainment Weekly (5/16/03, p.72) - "...[The album] finds a middle ground between the pseudo-glam glory of MECHANICAL ANIMALS and the noisier backsliding of HOLY WOOD....Inventive..." - Grade: B-
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.