Greatest Hits 1970-2002 - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 750
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Glam Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- One Night Only: The Greatest Hits Live
Initial pressings of this first edition contain a bonus disc.
Recorded between 1970 & 2002. Includes liner notes by Paul Gambaccini.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Greatest Hits 1970-2002 is a nearly flawless double-disc set commemorating Elton John's three-decade career. Disc one features what may arguably be John's most essential work: Seeing songs such as "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting," "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," "Candle in the Wind," and "Bennie and the Jets" -- not to mention "Your Song," "Rocket Man," and "Tiny Dancer" -- lined up back to back reaffirms just how diverse, and yet universal, his songwriting talent is. Disc two finds this talent maturing gracefully into the '80s, '90s, and beyond, touching on pop gems like "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," "I'm Still Standing," and "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues" as well as his Lion King classic "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" and the Aida duet "Written in the Stars" with LeAnn Rimes. The collection also finds room for the highlights of his most recent albums, including Made in England's "Believe" and "Blessed," The Big Picture's "Something About the Way You Look Tonight," and Songs from the West Coast's "This Train Don't Stop Here Anymore." For most casual fans, Greatest Hits 1970-2002 will replace the need for collections such as Greatest Hits, Greatest Hits, Vol. 2, and Greatest Hits, Vol. 3, although these collections are still worthwhile as of-their-time retrospectives of John's work. ~ Heather Phares
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Elton John
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Your Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Levon
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Tiny Dancer
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Honky Cat
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Crocodile Rock
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Daniel
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Candle in the Wind
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Bennie and the Jets
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Bitch Is Back, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Philadelphia Freedom
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Island Girl
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Little Jeannie
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] I'm Still Standing
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] I Don't Wanna Go On with You Like That
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Nikita
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Sacrifice
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] One, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Circle of Life
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Believe
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Blessed
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Something About the Way You Look Tonight
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Written in the Stars
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] I Want Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 17 ] This Train Don't Stop There Anymore
- Studio / Live
Q (12/02, p.126) - 3 out of 5 - "...This reappraisal is wisely timed....He was a phenomenally talented barroom piano basher, capable of tender love, majestic showstoppers and poignant soul-searching..."
Q (1/04, p.136) - 4 stars out of 5 - "'Your Song' and 'Daniel' are especially beautiful."
Uncut (01/03, p.133) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...An impressive record by anyone's standards..."
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.