Greatest Hits - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 140
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Classic Pop Vocals
- Mono / Stereo
- Barbra Streisand's Greatest Hits
Personnel includes: Barbra Streisand (vocals); Peter Matz, Michel Legrand, Don Costa (conductor).
Producers: Mike Berniker, Robert Merdey, Ettore Stratta, Jack Gold, Warren Vincent.
Barbra Streisand made her first album for Columbia Records in 1962. Two weeks of its release, Streisand was the top-selling female vocalist in the USA. Another strong album, her appearance on Broadway in Funny Girl and two Grammy Awards followed, for Best Album and Best Female Vocalist (for 'Happy Days Are Here Again'). During the mid-60s she starred in a succession of popular and award-winning television spectaculars. Albums of the music from these shows were big-sellers. Her second Hollywood film, Hello, Dolly! (1969) was another success. During the 70s Streisand continued to make well-conceived and perfectly executed albums, most of which sold in large numbers. A Star Is Born won admirers and several Golden Globe Awards. She had a number 1 hit in 1978 with 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers', a duet with Neil Diamond, and she also shared the microphone with Donna Summer on 'Enough Is Enough', a disco number which reached Platinum, and with Barry Gibb on the album, Guilty. Her insistence upon perfection has meant that her many records are exemplars for other singers.
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Barbra Streisand
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] People
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Second Hand Rose
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Why Did I Choose You?
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] He Touched Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Free Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Don't Rain on My Parade
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] My Coloring Book
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Sam, You Made the Pants Too Long
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] My Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Gotta Move
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Happy Days Are Here Again
- Sony Music Distribution (
- 32m 56s
- Frank Laico; Stan Weiss
No reviews yet.