Hard Knock Life Vol 02 - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 750
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- East Coast Rap
- Mono / Stereo
- Vol. 2: Hard Knock Life [PA]
Personnel includes: Jay-Z (rap vocals); Wais, Half Dead, Big Jaz, Amil, Liz (vocals); Steven Jordan, Lil' Rob (various instruments); Jake Carter, Mike (guitar); Kid Capri (programming); Memphis Bleek, Da Ranjahz, DMX, Too Short, Ja Rule, Amil, Foxy Brown, Jermaine Dupri, The Lox, Beenie Siegel, Sauce Money.
Producers include: Premier, Mark 45, Swizz Beats, Steven Jordan, Timbaland.
Engineers include: Eddie Sancho, Paul Falcon, Joe Quinde.
VOL. 2 HARD KNOCK LIFE won the 1999 Grammy Award for Best Rap Album.
"Hard Knock Life" was nominated for a 1999 Grammy for Best Rap Solo Performance. "Money Ain't A Thang" was nominated for a 1999 Grammy for Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group.
Jay-Z is a rapper's rapper. He is the lyricist all other MCs want to be, and he has the beats over which every other MC wants to rhyme. His third album, VOL. 2 HARD KNOCK LIFE, further verifies Jay-Z's #1 status. Throughout his musical career, Jay-Z has shown that he has the skills to pay more than just the bills. Experimenting like few other rap artists have, Jay-Z uses the Broadway musical Annie's "Hard Knock Life" for his title track and first single. With its hardcore production, "Money, Cash, Hoes" allows Jay-Z to demonstrate his lyrical skill alongside DMX. "Paper Chase" features Foxy Brown and diversifies VOL. 2 with its Southern Timbaland-produced feel.
- Country of Origin
- Def Jam (USA)
- Universal Distribution
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Intro-Hand It Down - (featuring Memphis Bleek)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] If I Should Die - (featuring Da Ranjahz)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Ride or Die
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Nigga What, Nigga Who (Originator 99) - (featuring Big Jaz)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Money, Cash, Hoes - (featuring DMX)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Week Ago, A - (featuring Too $hort)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Coming of Age (Da Sequel) - (featuring Memphis Bleek)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Can I Get A... - (featuring Amil/Ja Rule)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Paper Chase - (featuring Foxy Brown)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Reservoir Dogs - (featuring The LOX/Beanie Sigel/Sauce Money)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] It's Like That - (featuring Kid Capri)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] It's Alright - (bonus track, featuring Memphis Bleek)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Money Ain't a Thang - (bonus track, featuring Jermaine Dupri)
- Studio / Live
Rolling Stone (5/13/99, p.77) - Included in Rolling Stone's "Essential Recordings of the 90's."
Q (12/00, p.144) - 3 stars out of 5 - "...Boasts Timbaland, DMX, Jermaine Dupri, Foxy Brown and an infectious title track sampling the musical Annie. It couldn't fail: the epitome of mainstream hip hop, and intentionally so."
The Source (11/98, p.190) - 4.5 Mics (out of 5) - "...On his third try for the trophy, the mayor of Marcy Projects took time during the offseason to perfect his method..."
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.