Heart Break - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 930
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Teen Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Jellybean Johnson; Jimmy Jam; New Edition; Ralph Tresvant; Terry Lewis
- Heart Break
New Edition: Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill, Michael Bivins, Ricky Bell, Ronnie DeVoe (vocals).
Personnel: New Edition (vocals, background vocals); Johnny Gill, Michael Bivins, Ralph Tresvant, Ricky Bell, Ronnie DeVoe (vocals, background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Steve Hodge.
Recording information: Flyte Time Studios, Minneapolis, MN.
Photographer: Jim Shea.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Carl Smith ; David Eiland; Jim Demgen; Spencer Bernard; Jim Demgren; John Steiner; Jellybean Johnson; Johnny Gill; Michael Bivins; Ralph Tresvant; Richard Bell; Ronnie DeVoe; Bob Johnston ; Carl Smith.
This album marked New Edition's growth and maturity due in part to the production work of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and the addition of group newcomer Johnny Gill. The first single from the much anticipated album was "If Isn't Love." With its percussive rhythm and frigid keyboard effects, Ralph Tresvant applies his rigidly smooth tenor to this mid-tempo dance cut. The single peaked at number two and seven on the Billboard R&B and pop charts, respectively. The second single, "You're Not My Kind of Girl," has a more grueling beat. In an up-tempo style and with its appealing melody, Tresvant imparts a urgent cry on this apologetic lyric. Gill enhances the track with his amplified background vocals and lyrical sighs. The single peaked at number two on the Billboard R&B charts. "Can You Stand the Rain" came next. Unlike any ballad the group has ever embraced, it sailed up the charts to the number one spot. Primarily led by Gill and Tresvant, whose vocals mutually complement one another, Ricky Bell injects his vocal plea, and Michael Bivins has a small rap part. With an aggressive rhythm, "Crucial" resembles more of a Minneapolis sound in the vein of the Time and Alexander O'Neal. That does not negate the substance of the song. It peaked at number four. The fifth single was "N.E. Heartbreak." From the staccato cadence of the verse to the reeling-style bridge to the energized vamp, the single had much to offer. It peaked at 13. Two unreleased notables are the ballads "I'm Coming Home" and "Boys to Men." This is a outstanding album overall. ~ Craig Lytle
- Country of Origin
- MCA (USA)
- Studio / Live
- New Edition (US)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Introduction
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] That's the Way We're Livin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Where It All Started
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] If It Isn't Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] [Untitled Skit] - (hidden track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] N.E. Heart Break
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Crucial
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] [Untitled Skit] - (hidden track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] You're Not My Kind of Girl
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Superlady
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Can You Stand the Rain
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Competition
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] [Untitled Skit] - (hidden track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] I'm Comin' Home
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Boys to Men
- Universal Distribution
- 51m 41s
- Video Disabled
- Steve Hodge
No reviews yet.