History Past Present & Future - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 090
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I
Personnel includes: Michael Jackson (vocals, various instruments); L.T.B., Vincent Price (vocals); Jeff Mirinov, Michael Thompson, Rob Hoffman, Jen Leigh, David Williams, Marlo Henderson, Christopher Currell, Paul Jackson, Dean Parks (guitar); Bill Bottrell (guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, percussion); Steve Lukather (guitar, bass); Paul Peabody (violin); David Paich (piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Rod Temperton, Chuck Wild (keyboards, synthesizer); Steve Porcaro (keyboards, synthesizer, programming); Greg Phillinganes (keyboards, Rhodes, synthesizer); Nathan East (bass); Ndugu Chancler, John Robinson (drums); Ollie E. Brown, Richard Heath (percussion); Christa Larson, Julia Waters, Maxine Waters, Oren Waters (background vocals).
Producers include: Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Janet Jackson.
HISTORY BOOK 1 contains one disc of Jackson's greatest hits and one disc of all-new songs. It features a 52-page booklet with liner notes by Janet Jackson, Steven Spielberg, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Elizabeth Taylor, as well as many never-before-seen photographs.
HISTORY BOOK 1 was nominated for a 1996 Grammy Award for Album Of The Year. "You Are Not Alone" was nominated for Grammy Awards for Song Of The Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, and the Michael Jackson-Janet Jackson duet "Scream" was nominated for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals.
Michael Jackson's double-disc HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I is a monumental achievement of ego. Titled "HIStory Begins," the first disc is a collection of his post-Motown hits, featuring some of the greatest music in pop history, including "Billie Jean," "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," "Beat It," and "Rock with You." It leaves some hits out -- including the number ones "Say Say Say" and "Dirty Diana" -- yet it's filled with enough prime material to be thoroughly intoxicating. The second disc, called "HIStory Continues," consists entirely of new material -- which also happens to be the first material he released since being accused of child molestation. "HIStory Continues" is easily the most personal album Jackson has recorded. References to the scandal permeate almost every song, creating a thick atmosphere of paranoia. Occasionally, Jackson produces some well-crafted pop that ranks with his best material: R. Kelly's "You Are Not Alone" is seductive, "Scream" improves on the slamming beats of his earlier single "Jam," and "Stranger in Moscow" is one of his most haunting ballads. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- Country of Origin
- Epic (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Michael Jackson
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Billie Jean
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Way You Make Me Feel, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Black or White
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Rock with You
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] She's Out of My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Bad
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Man in the Mirror
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Thriller
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Beat It
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Girl Is Mine, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Remember the Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Heal the World
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Scream
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] They Don't Care About Us
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Stranger in Moscow
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] This Time Around
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Earth Song
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] D.S.
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Money
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Come Together
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] You Are Not Alone
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Childhood
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Tabloid Junkie
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] 2 Bad
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] History
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Little Susie
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Smile
- Sony Music Distribution (
Rolling Stone (8/10/95, pp.55-58) - 3.5 Stars - Good - "...HISTORY's ultimate goal is to position Michael Jackson's music as a planet, a genre, a law....As time passes and singles break, maybe those superhuman plans will touch back down on earth."
Q (8/95, p.120) - 3 Stars - Good - "...HISTORY is basically an appeal on behalf of the rich and famous....the metallic clatter of jackhammer rhythms and Michael's own complaints remain this record's defining features..."
Musician (9/95, pp.86-87) - "...incorporates tougher musical textures and deliberately 'blacker' vocal inflections....more open about expressing negative emotions....also more pointed about political and racial issues, moving from...safe genralities...to more controversial stances..."
- 150m 0s
- Video Disabled
- Bruce Swedien
No reviews yet.