Live at Luther College - (Import CD)
Dave Matthews Band
Discovery Miles 2 390
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Live at Luther College
Personnel: Dave Matthews, Tim Reynolds.
Recorded live at CFL Theatre, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa on February 6, 1996.
Audio Mixer: John Alagia.
Recording information: CFL Theatre, Luther College, Decorah, IA (02/06/1996).
Photographer: Sam Erickson.
Matthews built his career on a grassroots level by wowing audiences with his high energy performances, so this live album seems like a natural step. What's surprising is that a bandleader who's made his reputation largely on the strength of his band (and of course, his considerable songwriting skills) should hit the road without them. The revelation here is that even when the violin, bass, drums, etc. are stripped away, the songs still work well. "Satellite," "What Would You Say" and the other Dave Matthews Band tunes contained on this generous double-disc still brim with inventiveness and immediacy thanks to Matthew's heartfelt, urgent delivery and quirky compositional style. LIVE AT LUTHER COLLEGE provides a fascinating alternate view into the Dave Matthews universe.
- Country of Origin
- BMG (distributor)
- Dave Matthews
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] One Sweet World
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] #41
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Tripping Billies
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Jimi Thing
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Satellite
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Crash Into Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Deed Is Done
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Lover Lay Down
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] What Would You Say
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Minarets
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Cry Freedom
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Dancing Nancies
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Typical Situation
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Stream
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Warehouse
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Christmas Song, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Seek Up
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Say Goodbye
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Ants Marching
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Little Thing
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Halloween
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Granny
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Two Step
- Studio / Live
- Entertainment Weekly (1/22-1/29/99, pp.104-105) - "...It's all very pleasant, but unless Dave's your fave rave, it's best to wait for his next album of new material." - Rating: B
- Jeff Thomas; John Alagia
No reviews yet.