Massacre - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 940
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- East Coast Rap
- Mono / Stereo
- Eminem; Scott Storch; Hi-Tek; Needlz; J.R. Rotem; Buck Wild; Disco D; Dr. Dre; Mike Elizondo; C. Styles; Bang Out; Black Jeruz; Cool
- The Massacre [PA]
Personnel: 50 Cent (rap vocals); Jamie Foxx, Olivia (vocals); Eminem, Lloyd Banks, Game, Tony Yayo, Young Buck (rap vocals); Mike Elizondo (keyboards, electric bass); Dave Cabrera (keyboards).
After years of hustling for his music and his life, and taking bullet after bullet, 50 Cent finally found massive success raining down suddenly on him, as he became the center of the hip-hop world in 2003 with his multi-platinum record GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN'. On the highly anticipated follow-up, THE MASSACRE, 50 reveals that he's unsure whether he's "God's child or Satan's angel," dropping this soul-searching moment as casually as the title in the chorus of the song, "I'm Supposed to Die Tonight."
If 50 Cent is calm in his delivery, it's more than matched by the ease of the lyrical couplets he unfolds. He could beat most challengers to a freestyle battle in his sleep, and raps as if he's known this from birth, a truth he expounds on in "This Is 50," as he effortlessly whips a rival. When partner-in-platinum-sales Eminem, drops by on "Gatman and Robbin," 50 Cent shows he can bring the energy, but, for the most part, the rapper stays in his wonderfully jaded comfort zone. He smoothly packs the dance floor on the single "Disco Inferno," before unwinding the most laid-back of seductions on "Just a Lil Bit." If anyone thought 50 Cent might have burned out in his flurry of prosperity, THE MASSACRE, a strong sophomore effort, should set the record straight.
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- 50 Cent
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Intro
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] In My Hood
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] This Is 50
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I'm Supposed to Die Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Piggy Bank
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Gatman and Robbin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Candy Shop
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Outta Control
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Get in My Car
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Ski Mask Way
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Baltimore Love Thing, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Ryder Music
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Disco Inferno
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Just a Lil Bit
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Gunz Come Out
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] My Toy Soldier
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Position of Power
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Build You Up
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] God Gave Me Style
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] So Amazing
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] I Don't Need 'Em
- [ Disc 01 Track 22 ] Hate It or Love It - (G Unit Remix, G-Unit remix, Bonus Track)
- Studio / Live
Rolling Stone (No. 969, pp.107-8) - 4 stars out of 5 - "[50 Cent] works to vary his flow on MASSACRE...[His] secret weapon is his singing voice..."
Uncut (p.95) - 3 stars out of 5 - "THE MASSACRE confirms Curtis Jackson's mantle is mostly deserved, his slurred insouciance infusing entrepreneurial anthems like 'Piggy Bank' with a cool menace."
Vibe (p.166) - 3 1/2 discs out of 5 - "[T]aut....50 rocks a punchier flow than on his past efforts."
- Video Disabled
- Dr. Dre; Mauricio "Veto" Iragorri
No reviews yet.