More Hot Rocks - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 390
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- British Invasion
- Mono / Stereo
- More Hot Rocks: Big Hits & Fazed Cookies
The Rolling Stones: Keith Richards (vocals, guitar); Mick Jagger (vocals); Brian Jones (various instruments, guitar); Mick Taylor (guitar); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums).
Additional personnel includes: John Lennon, Paul McCartney (background vocals).
Producers: Andrew Loog Oldham, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Miller.
Audio Remasterers: Jon Astley; Bob Ludwig; Steve Rosenthal; Teri Landi; Paschal Byrne.
Photographers: Gered Mankowitz; Ethan Russell.
Arranger: The Rolling Stones.
When you're anthologizing the Rolling Stones, one of the first things you must accept is that you're doomed to failure. No one album can possibly tell the story of the band that's explored so many different musical avenues and recorded so many memorable songs. Still, the double-disc best of HOT ROCKS, and this, its sequel, come perilously close. This set wisely doesn't attempt to be comprehensive. Instead, it just picks out various gems from different points in the band's development.
Their R&B/roots period is well-represented by covers of "It's All Over Now" and "Not Fade Away." "She's A Rainbow" and "2000 Light Years From Home" are monuments to the band's psychedelic phase. "No Expectations" and "Let It Bleed" are bluesy tunes that cut to the quick, emphasizing the Stones' gift for visceral compositions and the sound that defined what was--arguably--their greatest period (the late '60s). Though HOT ROCKS is the place to turn for a comprehensive cross section of the band's biggest and most essential hits, MORE HOT ROCKS is an excellent companion piece, bringing together some of the Stones' lesser known but equally satisfying work.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- ABKCO Records
- The Rolling Stones
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Tell Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Not Fade Away
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Last Time, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] It's All Over Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Good Times, Bad Times
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] I'm Free
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Out of Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Lady Jane
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Sittin' on a Fence
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow?
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Dandelion
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] We Love You
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] She's a Rainbow
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] 2000 Light Years from Home
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Child of the Moon - (RMK)
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] No Expectations
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Let It Bleed
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] What to Do
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Fortune Teller
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Poison Ivy - (Version 1)
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Come On
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Money
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Bye Bye Johnny
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Poison Ivy - (Version 2)
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] I've Been Loving You Too Long
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] I Can't Be Satisfied
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] Long Long While
- Universal Distribution
Rolling Stone (2/1/73, p.46) - "...MORE HOT ROCKS is an exploitation reissue par excellence..."
NME (Magazine) (7/8/95, p.46) - 9 (out of 10) - "...[MORE HOT ROCKS and HOT ROCKS] pile together the cream of the Stones' first eight years..."
- 90m 32s
- Video Disabled
- Gus Skinas; Gus Skinas
No reviews yet.