Need You Now - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 850
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Contemporary Country
- Copy Control
- Need You Now
- Country of Origin
- Entertainment Weekly (p.68) - "Charles Kelley's and Hillary Scott's voices intertwine with a piercing white-soul lilt that feels uniquely theirs." -- Grade: B+
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Need You Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Our Kind of Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] American Honey
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Hello World
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Perfect Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Love This Pain
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] When You Got a Good Thing
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Stars Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] If I Knew Then
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Something 'Bout a Woman
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Ready to Love Again
Audio Mixer: Clarke Schleicher.
Recording information: Quad Studios, Nashville, TN; Warner Studios; Warner Studios, Nashville, TN.
Photographer: Miranda Penn Turin.
Lady Antebellum prefaced the release of Need You Now by issuing its title track as a single; it reached the top spot on the country charts and stayed there for five straight weeks. It was their second number one, and they wasted no time following it with "American Honey," which appeared a mere two months before this set was in stores. This singing/songwriting trio -- lead vocalists Charles Kelly and Hillary Scott, with multi-instrumentalist and backing vocalist Dave Haywood -- understand how Nashville works, and they know how to work it. On their sophomore effort, they stick very close to the formula of their debut: a slew of mid- and uptempo love songs, a sad ballad, and a couple of rocked-up good-time tunes, all self-written with some help from some of Nashville's most respected writers. Kelly's baritone is emotive, expressive, and deep in the pocket, no matter what he's singing. He shines on the soft rocking "Love This Pain," which could have been a single. Scott's voice is a little less distinctive, but she does possess a unique form of phrasing and reaches deeply into her protagonist's personal situations, whether it's the celebratory good-time girl in "American Honey" or the wildly-in-love mature woman on "Hold on Tight." The group party anthem on the set -- an obligatory addition these days -- is "Stars Tonight," which contains more than a few clich‚s, but has a killer guitar riff and an infectious chorus. With co-production from Paul Worley, Lady Antebellum prove there is no sophomore slump on Need You Now. Here, the band's seamless, polished, and savvy brand of contemporary country is even more consistent than it was on their debut; it's virtually flawless in its songwriting, production, and performance. ~ Thom Jurek
- EMI Music Distribution
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Lady Antebellum
- Lady Antebellum; Paul Worley
- 44m 10s
- Clarke Schleicher; Erik Hellerman
No reviews yet.