No Words - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 960
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- New Age
- Mono / Stereo
- No Words
Solo performer: Jim Brickman (piano).
Recorded at Kingsound Studios, North Hollywood, California.
NO WORDS is a collection of richly emotive solo compositions by noted new age pianist Jim Brickman. It's the kind of music that gives life to mind's eye montages of black and white Super-8 movies of family vacations, pre-game baseball tributes, and Fourth of July parades in small Midwestern towns dappled in red, white, and blue.
"Rocket to the Moon" is streaked by gently rising and falling piano melodies. The spare and beautiful "Shaker Lakes" yearns for the emotional core of the interplay between sound and silence, as Brickman's elegant piano lines cast out over pools of silence like shimmering bands of sunlight over the surface of a crystalline lake. "I Said, You Said" reveals an aural and thematic bifurcation, as two piano melodies played in different keys engage in a plangent call-and-response. "Wanderlust," "Heartland," and "American Dream" gently tug at a listener's heartstrings with piquant, painterly strokes of right-hand melodicism cast over a confident lower-register backwash. Calming, familiar, and nostalgic, NO WORDS is a sure bet.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- BMG Special Products
- Jim Brickman
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Rocket to the Moon
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Shaker Lakes
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Open Doors
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Said... You Said
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Wanderlust
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Heartland
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Borders
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Still
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] American Dream
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Blue
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Old Times
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] So Long
- Bayside Record Dist.
- 42m 34s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.