Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals - Deluxe (CD)
Ocean Colour Scene
List Price R 379
Discovery Miles 3 550
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Brit Pop
- Number of Items
- Moseley Shoals [Deluxe Edition] [Digipak]
- Country of Origin
- Geffen Records
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Q (12/99, p.90) - Included in Q Magazine's "90 Best Albums Of The 1990s."
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Riverboat Song, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Day We Caught the Train, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Circle, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Lining Your Pockets
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Fleeting Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] 40 Past Midnight
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] One for the Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] It's My Shadow
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Policemen & Pirates
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Downstream, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] You've Got It Bad
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Get Away
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] So Sad
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Charlie Brown Says
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Robin Hood
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] I Wanna Stay Alive with You
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Huckleberry Grove
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] You've Got It Bad [Demo Version]
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Here in My Heart
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Men of Such Opinion [Demo Version]
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Beautiful Losers
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Mona Lisa Eyes - (featuring Jimmy Miller)
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Clock Struck 15 Hours Ago, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] I Need a Love Song
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Chicken Bones and Stones
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Day We Caught the Train [Acoustic], The
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Travellers Tune
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] Justine
- [ Disc 02 Track 17 ] Mrs. Jones
- [ Disc 02 Track 18 ] Cool Cool Water
- [ Disc 02 Track 19 ] Top of the World
- [ Disc 02 Track 20 ] Circle [Acoustic], The
- [ Disc 02 Track 21 ] Chelsea Walk
- [ Disc 02 Track 22 ] Alibis
- [ Disc 02 Track 23 ] Day Tripper [Electric Ballroom Live Version] - (live)
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 3 August 2020
Ocean Colour Scene: Simon Fowler (vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica); Steve Cradock (vocals, guitar, piano); Oscar Harrison (vocals, piano, drums); Damon Minchella (bass).
Additional personnel: Paul Weller (guitar, piano, organ, background vocals).
Producers: Brendan Lynch, Ocean Colour Scene.
Recorded at Moseley Shoals Studio, Birmingham, England. Includes liner notes by Brendan Lynch.
Liner Note Authors: Daniel Rachel; Gary Crowley; Brendan Lynch; Brian Travers.
Photographers: Tony Briggs; Anthony Mark Briggs.
Riding on a crest of late 60s retro rock, this band have received a disproportionate dollop of criticism since their considerable success with this, their second album. Revealing influences ranging from 10CC and the Idle Race ('The Day We Caught The Train') to the Love Affair and Beatles ('The Circle'), the derivative nature of this record is nevertheless highly palatable. Even a Randy Newman soundalike rears up in 'Lining Your Pockets' and Eric Clapton's Disraeli Gears wah-wah guitar can also be found liberally sprinkled throughout ('The Riverboat Song', 'Policeman & Pirates'). A necessary album for anyone with a magpie complex.
- Date Released
- 2011-02-01 00:00:00
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Ocean Colour Scene
- 130m 57s
No reviews yet.