Orico 9mm SATA to SATA HDD Caddy and Notebok
List Price R 299
Discovery Miles 2 290
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
1 Year Limited Warranty. Learn more
Ridoh, South Africa. 13 March 2017
Getting over 30mbs over this interface
Using on a Lenovo W540 fits perfectly and having both SSD and SSHD working perfectly
Gerhardus, South Africa. 5 May 2017
Getting it to work is hard but when it finally works it does its job great.
If your laptop at first doesn't recognize the HDD in the bracket dont stress follow these steps.
AT YOUR OWN RISK
This is totally at your own risk and is specifically useful if you switched to SSD and the drive going into the caddy was your old "C:// DRIVE".
Reboot laptop and go into Bios. Confirm that the HDD is showing on there ( even if windows didnt see it, it should show on the Bios)
- If the HDD in the bracket has info on you want to keep backup everything first before continuing.
- Go into windows and press (WINDOWS BUTTON + R) and type Diskpart.exe.
- This will open a Command prompt window for Disk Part
- type in ( LIST DISK ) and identify the disk (be carefull tripple check that the disk is the right one they are usually labeled DISK 0, Disk 1, etc.
- *** Confirm stuff on disk is backed up and confirm that the RIGHT DISK IS CHOSEN
- in DiskPart type the following "select disk #" # being the disk you chose and press enter
- then type "clean" press enter
- then type "create partition primary" press enter
- then type "activate" press enter
- then type "format fs-ntfs quick" and press enter
- then type "assign letter=#" with # being the Drive letter you choose and press enter
And now restart your computer. Drive will now be in your windows view able and use full enjoy.
Niel, South Africa. 20 March 2017
Easy to install and works perfectly.
Erik, South Africa. 29 April 2017
Works like a charm! Recommended to my friends. I added an old 120GB laptop HDD. If at first your laptop does not pick it up (like mine did), make sure you completely wipe the HDD that you want to add and that the partition table is correct for your OS.
Doep, South Africa. 27 February 2017
Works great now BUT: I had to do a modification for it to work in my HP ProBook.
Laptop would not shut down with the extra drive installed.
You can find the modification instructions here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hp-elitebook-8560p-wont-shutdown.655065/
It worked 100% to solve the shutdown problem.
David, South Africa. 14 March 2017
Does exactly what it says :) Also comes in with little built in screw driver. Doesn't have a DVD-Rom drive cover/front, but that's perfectly fine because you can use your existing one from your optical drive.