Paint Your Wagon - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 790
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Show Vocals
- Mono / Stereo
- Tom Mack
- Paint Your Wagon [Original Broadway Cast]
Performers include: The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, Jean Seberg.
Audio Mixers: Kevin Cleary; Thorne Nogar.
Recording information: 1969.
Illustrator: David Stone Martin.
The movie Paint Your Wagon was an attempt to update the plot of an old stage musical by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, with new songs by Andr‚ Previn and Lerner. The soundtrack is a peculiar release; in purely musical terms, it would only be of interest to dedicated fans of Harve Presnell (who performs "They Call the Wind Maria") and Anita Gordon, who acquits herself well singing Jean Seberg's part on "A Million Miles Away Behind the Door." It is Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin, however, who do more of the singing here, and while they might not be of much interest musically, there is a certain "Golden Throats"-type allure to their songs. Neither reveals any hidden musical talents, though Eastwood does the better job of the two on his songs, particularly "I Still See Elisa." The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band also spent time working on the movie, both on camera and on the soundtrack, but their major surviving contribution is "Hand Me Down That Can O' Beans," in which they share the spotlight vocally with Lee Marvin and a male chorus; it adds nothing to their output. Harve Presnell's rendition of "They Call the Wind Maria" brings a suitably operatic approach to the piece, but it is marred by Nelson Riddle's overly busy orchestral arrangement. The original LP came with a souvenir booklet that made it an expensive release but didn't enhance its sales -- Paint Your Wagon was a perennial cutout album. The MCA CD sounds OK, but the souvenir booklet has been consigned to history. ~ Bruce Eder
- Country of Origin
- MCA (USA)
- Universal Distribution
- Original Soundtrack
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I'm on My Way (Main Title from Paint Your Wagon) - (main title)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I Still See Elisa
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] First Thing You Know, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Hand Me Down That Can O' Beans
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] They Call the Wind Maria
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Million Miles Away Behind the Door, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] There's a Coach Comin' In
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Whoop-Ti-Ay! (Shivaree)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] I Talk to the Trees
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Gospel of No Name City, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Best Things
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Wand'rin Star
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Gold Fever
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Finale
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Kevin Cleary
No reviews yet.