Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (Ost) - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 090
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Country Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Gordon Carol
- Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Donna Weiss, Priscilla Jones-Campbell, Brenda Patterson, Byron Berline (vocals); Roger McGuinn, Carol Hunter (guitar); Bruce Langhorne (acoustic guitar); Jolly Roger (banjo); Fred Katz, Ted Michel (cello); Gary Foster (flute, recorder); Carl Fortina (harmonium); Terry Paul, Booker T. Jones (bass instrument); Jim Keltner (drums); Russ Kunkel (bongos, tambourine).
Even though it contains the classic rock standard "Knocking on Heaven's Door," PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID is one of Dylan's least-known albums. Recorded as the soundtrack to the surreal, somewhat violent Sam Peckinpah Western in which Dylan co-starred, the album consists mainly of reflective, rustic instrumentals. Of the two songs with vocals, "Billy" is a compelling outlaw narrative, complete with earnestly strummed acoustic guitars and Dylan's wheezing harmonica, while the epic, ominous "Knocking On Heaven's Door" is a rock masterpiece that evokes the wide-open space and desolation of the Old West.
Though the remainder of the album is devoted to instrumentals, tracks like the delicate, wistful "River Theme" are impressive in their own understated way. Backed by Byrds' guitarist Roger McGuinn and an assortment of top-drawer West Coast session players, Dylan created a moody, mythic musical landscape on PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID. It was one of his last albums to capture the restless spirit and otherworldly feel of his classic sixties recordings.
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Bob Dylan
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Billy (Main Title Theme)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Workin' For the Law (Cantina Theme)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Billy 1
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Bunkhouse Theme
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] River Theme
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Turkey Chase
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Knockin' on Heaven's Door
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Final Theme
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Billy 4
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Billy 7
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Entertainment Weekly (10/12/01, p.32) - Ranked #22 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...Dylan's soundtrack has much to offer: spunky bluegrass and spare, acoustic instrumentals that conjure up whore-filled cantinas and the deaths of both Billy and the Old West itself."
- Video Disabled
- Dan Wallin
No reviews yet.