Pearl Jam - Live on Ten Legs (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 050
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Copy Control
- Number of Items
- Pearl Jam - Live on Ten Legs (CD)
- Country of Origin
- Mono / Stereo
Q (Magazine) (p.115) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "[A] career-spanning, expertly played, surprisingly spirited resume....And, of course, Eddie Vedder remains one of the great singers."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.96) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t finds the Seattle quintet making a convincing case for being The Last Rock Band To Believe In..."
Uncut (magazine) (p.95) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "'Arms Aloft' by Joe Strummer And The Mescaleros is an impressively galvanising opener..."
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 31 January 2011
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Arms Aloft
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] World Wide Suicide
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Animal
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Got Some
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] State of Love and Trust
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] I Am Mine
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Unthought Known
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Rearview Mirror
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Fixer, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Nothing As It Seems
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] In Hiding
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Just Breathe
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Jeremy
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Public Image
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Spin the Black Circle
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Porch
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Alive
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Yellow Ledbetter
Personnel: Eddie Vedder (vocals, guitar); Mike McCready, Stone Gossard (guitar); Kenneth "Boom" Gaspar (keyboards); Matt Cameron (drums).
Audio Mixer: Brett Eliason.
Photographer: Karen Loria.
An explicit sequel to 1998's Live on Two Legs, 2011's Live on Ten Legs offers a portrait of Pearl Jam's new millennium, collecting 18 highlights recorded between 2003 and 2010. The decade was fruitful for Pearl Jam, the band generating a wave of four solid albums that nevertheless get no greater showcase than here their '90s alt rock standards, with "Jeremy," "Alive," "Spin the Black Circle," "Animal," "State of Love and Trust," "Porch," and "Yellow Ledbetter" all receiving prominent placement. If there are any surprises in store, they arrive via the inclusion of two covers -- Joe Strummer's "Arms Aloft," a better fit for Pearl Jam than Public Image Ltd's "Public Image" -- because the music itself is straight-up solid, modern Pearl Jam, the band stalwartly anchored by Matt Cameron, who gives the muscle and a steadier pulse. Pearl Jam may stretch out on-stage, but their live shows remain not about virtuosity, they're about force, energy, the experience; an experience which is diminished somewhat on record, but not by much. Perhaps the performances aren't enough to warrant a reassessment or revival, but they're consistently strong and a testament to Pearl Jam's endurance. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Pearl Jam
- Date Released
- 77m 19s
- John Burton
No reviews yet.