Place for My Stuff - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 050
Shipped in 12 to 14 working days
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- 50m 57s
- George Carlin
- A Place for My Stuff! [PA]
- Released after his first flush of 1970s fame had died down but before his revival as curmudgeonly elder statesman, George Carlin's ingenious 1981 LP, A PLACE FOR MY STUFF, plays like a demented television program. Carlin's standup is broken up by bizarre and hilarious parodies of commercials, PSAs, game shows, and interviews. The title rant may be one of the noted diatribe artist's most genteel speeches, but its increasing delirium as he dissects our odd attachments to things elevates it into Carlin classic territory. The rest of the record switches off from delightfully mundane ("Fussy Eater") to rapid-fire absurd (see "Join the Book Club").
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- George Carlin
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Acknowledgements
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Opening
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] "A Place for My Stuff", A
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] First Announcements
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] "Have a Nice Day"
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] "Rice Krispies"
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Second Announcements
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Interview with Jesus
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Join the Book Club
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] "Abortion"
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Third Announcements
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] "Ice Box Man"
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Fourth Announcements
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Asshole, Jackoff, Scumbag
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Fifth Announcements
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] "Fussy Eater", Pt. 1
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Sixth Announcements
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] "Fussy Eater", Pt. 2
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Seventh Announcements
- WEA (Distributor)
Bundle deals expire when stock runs out. T&Cs apply
No reviews yet.