Reflections:Carly Simon's Greatest H - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 550
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Carly Simon; Paul Samwell-Smith; Richard Perry; Arif Mardin; Mike Mainieri; Eddie Kramer; Don Was; Frank Filipetti; George Massenburg; John Boylan; Rob Mounsey; Russ Kunkel; Bill Payne; Eddie Kramer; Paul Samwell-Smith; Richard Perry; Arif Mardin; Mike Mainieri; Carly Simon (Compilation)
- Reflections: Carly Simon's Greatest Hits
Personnel: Carly Simon (vocals, whistling, guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer, drum programming); Carly Simon (whistle, programming); Sally Taylor (vocals); Jimmy Ryan (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, ukulele, electric bass, background vocals); Hugh McCracken, Dirk Ziff, Stuart Kimball (guitar); Pete Hewlett (acoustic guitar, background vocals); John McCurry, Peter Calo, Mike Egan (acoustic guitar); Chris Rae, Cornell Dupree, Laurence Juber, Robbie Robertson (electric guitar); Sid McGinnis (slide guitar, background vocals); Jay Berliner (Spanish guitar); Mindy Jostyn (violin); Charles McCracken (cello); Bobby Keys (baritone saxophone); Teese Gohl (piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Rob Mounsey (piano, keyboard bass); Don Grolnick, Mick Rossi , Paul Glanz, Paul Griffin (piano); Robbie Kilgore (keyboards, bass synthesizer); Andy Goldmark (keyboards, drum programming); Peter-John Vettese, Bill Payne (keyboards); Will Lee (bass instrument, background vocals); Russ Kunkel (drums, drum programming); Barry DeSouza, Robin Gould, Jimmy Johnson, Jr. , Jim Gordon , Jim Keltner, Mickey Curry, Rick Marotta (drums); Ray Cooper (congas); Jimmy Bralower (percussion, drum programming); Jamey Haddad, Richard Perry, Jimmy Maelen (percussion); Frank Filipetti (drum programming); Gordon Grody, Vicki Brown, Terri Homberg, Frank Simms, Hugh Taylor, Gail Boggs, Kurt Yahjian, James Taylor , Kacey Cisyk, Lani Groves, Liza Strike, Lucy Simon, Alex Taylor, Marc Cohn, Paul Samwell-Smith, Vaneese Thomas, Tasha Thomas, Vivian Cherry, Frank Floyd, Carl Hall (background vocals); Eric Gale (electric guitar); David Sanborn (alto saxophone); Michael Brecker (tenor saxophone); Dr. John (piano, organ); Richard Tee (electric piano); Andy Newmark (drums, congas, percussion); Steve Gadd (drums); Ralph MacDonald (percussion); Roberta Flack (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Chris Lord-Alge; Ed Cherney; Frank Filipetti; Lewis Hahn; Scott Litt; Tom Lord-Alge.
Audio Remasterers: Dan Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Stephen Allen Davis.
Recording information: A&R Studios, New York, NY; AIR Recording Studios, London, England; Atlantic Studios, New York, NY; BMG Studios, New York, NY; Bumble Hill Studio; Cadiloon Sound, Pawling, NY; Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY; Flying Monkey Studio, New York, NY; Morgan Studios, North London, England; National Edison Recording Studios, New York, NY; Parr Audio, Martha's Vineyard, MA; Power Station, New York, NY; Producers Workshop, Hollywood, CA; Right Track Recording, New York, NY; Room With A View, New York, NY; Sound on Sound Studios, New York, NY; Studio 55, Hollywood, CA; The Hit Factory, New York, NY; Trident Studios, London, England; Unique Recording, New York, NY.
Editor: Barry Hammond.
Photographers: Ed Caraeff; M.J. Delekta; Greg Gorman; Bob Gothard; Jack Robinson; Peter Simon.
You know that tattered old Carly Simon best-of album that's been sitting in your older sister's record collection for decades? It's been firmly supplanted. While the two-disc ANTHOLOGY on Rhino is the most comprehensive Simon collection, for a single-disc retrospective, you can't do better than this. Obviously, the expected staples are all present and accounted for, from the breathlessly innocent "That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be" to the sassy, notoriously inscrutable "You're So Vain." Expanding on the aforementioned 1975 compilation, though, REFLECTIONS goes on to include the slinky Michael McDonald co-write "You Belong to Me," the synth-flecked '80s hit "Coming Around Again," and much more. For a thumbnail sketch of this beloved singer-songwriter's work, REFLECTIONS is the definitive article.
- Country of Origin
- BMG Heritage
- Studio / Live
- Carly Simon
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Legend in Your Own Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Anticipation
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Right Thing to Do, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] You're So Vain
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Mockingbird
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Haven't Got Time for the Pain
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Nobody Does It Better
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] You Belong to Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Jesse
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Coming Around Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Give Me All Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] All I Want Is You
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Let the River Run
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Better Not Tell Her
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Love of My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Like a River
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Touched by the Sun
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Amity - (Alternative Mix, featuring Sally Taylor)
- BMG (distributor)
- Video Disabled
- Eddie Kramer; Chris Lord-Alge; James P. Nichols; Don Was; Jay Militscher; Frank Filipetti; Eddie Palmer; Bill Miranda; Gary Chester; Chris Lannon; Harry Maslin; Jim Parr; Lew Hahn; Mark S. Berry; Mike Bobak; Robin Geoffrey Cable; Scott Litt; Tim Leitner; Bill Schnee; Bobby Warner; Eddie Kramer; Dave Palmer
No reviews yet.