Roy Orbinson - Very Best Of Roy Orbison (CD)
List Price R 150
Discovery Miles 1 390
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock 'N' Roll
- Number of Items
- Very Best Of Roy Orbison
- Country of Origin
- Phantom Import Distributi
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Oh Pretty Woman
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Lana
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Communication Breakdown
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Heartache
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Walk On
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Break My Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Go Go Go
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Uptown
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Blue Angel
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I'm Hurtin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] She
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Time To Cry
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Crawling Back
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Falling
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] It's Over
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Only The Lonely
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] In Dreams
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Dream Baby
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Crying
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Mean Woman Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] Ooby Dooby
- [ Disc 01 Track 22 ] No I'll Never Get Over You
- [ Disc 01 Track 23 ] I'm In A Blue Blue Mood
- [ Disc 01 Track 24 ] Running Scared
- [ Disc 01 Track 25 ] Candyman
- [ Disc 01 Track 26 ] Working For The Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 27 ] Claudette
- [ Disc 01 Track 28 ] Blue Bayou
- [ Disc 01 Track 29 ] Leah
- [ Disc 01 Track 30 ] It's Over
- Pop / Rock
- South Africa
Personnel includes: Roy Orbison (vocals, guitar); T Bone Burnett, Bruce Springsteen, Mike Campbell, Jackson Browne, Elvis Costello, K.D. Lang, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, Bonnie Raitt, Tom Waits, Jennifer Warnes, Don Was.
Producers include: Michael Utley, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne, T Bone Burnett, Don Was, David Lynch.
Includes liner notes by Tanja Crouch and Roy Orbison.
Digitally remastered by Stephen Marcussen (Precision Mastering, Los Angeles, California).
The black clothes, the dark glasses, the spine-tingling falsetto...these Roy Orbison trademarks reinforced the image of the loners and lovelorn characters populating this legend's canon. The 80's were a rebirth for Orbison, resulting in Grammys, Traveling Wilbury membership and the resumption of a successful career cut short by a heart attack in 1988.
THE VERY BEST OF collects a chunk of Orbison hits re-recorded in 1985 (the initial masters were caught up in legal proceedings threatening their very existence). Regardless of time's passing, Orbison's pure singing style and talent kept the songs sounding true to their original versions. Previously unreleased nuggets and live performances round out this package, including songs from the star-studded BLACK AND WHITE NIGHT LIVE album, a rare acoustic reading of "Pretty Paper" (taken from a 1964 British TV special) and Orbison's own rendition of "Claudette," 30 years after he wrote this hit for the Everly Brothers.
- 56m 31s
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Roy Orbison
- Date Released
No reviews yet.