Sabrina - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 960
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- Sabrina [Original Soundtrack]
Personnel includes: John Williams (conductor); Sting, Michael Dees (vocals); Dick Nash (trombone).
Producers: John Williams, Kim Turner, Sting.
Engineers: Shawn Murphy, Simon Osborne, Steve Orchard.
"Moonlight," by Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman and John Williams, was nominated for a 1997 Grammy Award for Best Song Written Specifically For A Motion Picture Or For Television.
Sydney Pollack's 1995 remake of the classic romantic comedy Sabrina may have proven a commercial and critical failure, but John Williams' charming score boasts an intimacy and refinement that beautifully complement the film's nouveau riche ambience. Drawing upon Williams' formative experiences as a jazz pianist, Sabrina eschews the widescreen theatrics of his most famous scores in favor of tuxedo-tailed sophistication. The music is feather-light and profoundly romantic, painstakingly evoking the sound and spirit of golden-age Hollywood. Only Sting's banal performance of Williams' "Moonlight" breaks the music's spell. ~ Jason Ankeny
- Country of Origin
- A&M (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Original Soundtrack
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Theme From Sabrina
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Moonlight - Sting
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Linus' New Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Growing up in Paris
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Moonlight, (In the) - (TRUE instrumental)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Sabrina Remembers / La Vie En Rose
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Sabrina Comes Home
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Nantucket Visit
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] The Party Sequence / When Joanna Loved Me / The Shadow Of Your Smile / Call Me Irresponsible / Stella By Starlight
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Sabrina and Linus Date
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] How Can I Remember? - Michael Dees
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Sabrina's Return to Paris
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Theme From Sabrina (Reprise)
- Universal Distribution
- 51m 6s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.