Singles 1992-2003 - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 890
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- The Singles 1992-2003
No Doubt: Gwen Stefani (vocals); Tom Dumont (guitar, keyboards); Eric Stefani (piano, keyboards); Tony Kanal (keyboards, bass); Adrian Young (drums, percussion).
Additional Personnel includes: Lady Saw, Bounty Killer (vocals); Gabriel McNair (trombone, piano, keyboards); Stephen Bradley (trumpet, keyboards); Matthew Wilder (keyboards); Stuart Price, Sly Dunbar (programming).
Producers include: Glen Ballard, Nellee Hooper, Matthew Wilder, Sly & Robbie, Jerry Harrison.
Compilation producer: Cindy Cooper.
Includes liner notes by Paris Montoya and Tom Lanham.
Personnel: Gwen Stefani, Lady Saw (vocals); Tom Dumont (guitar, keyboards, programming); Melissa "Missy" Hasin (cello); Tony Kanal (saxophone, keyboards, bass guitar, programming); Andy Potts, Django Stewart, Eric Carpenter (saxophone); Don Hammerstedt, Phil Jordan , Stephen Bradley (trumpet); Gabrial McNair (trombone, piano, Mellotron, keyboards, synthesizer); Alex Henderson (trombone); Eric Stefani (piano, keyboards); Matthew Wilder (keyboards); Adrian Young (drums, percussion); Stephen Perkins (steel drum); Fabien Waltman, Philip Steir, Sly Dunbar, Stuart Price, Ned Douglas (programming).
Audio Mixers: Jack Joseph Puig; Mark "Spike" Stent; Paul Palmer.
Liner Note Authors: Paris Montoya; Tom Lanham.
Photographers: Sonya Farrell; Nicole Frantz; Stephanie Hsu; Frank Ockenfels; Chris Cuffaro; David LaChapelle; Jeffrey Bender; Dan Arsenault; F. Scott Schafer; Joseph Cultice.
No Doubt's strength has always been in its singles, from the band's early phase as a ska/punk-pop ensemble to their latter-day status as pop chart-toppers. This 15-song collection features all of the band's hits, which are sequenced remarkably well. Gwen Stefani and the boys kick things off in an appropriately energetic fashion with their breakthrough single, "Just a Girl." The 1980s-influenced keyboard line of this jaunty track leads wonderfully into the group's deft cover of Talk Talk's '80s-pop classic "It's My Life," which sports a muscular, fuzzed-out bass backing and seems tailor-made for Stefani's plaintive vocals.
The mood shifts to a dancehall vibe with the ultra-catchy "Hey Baby," and the track listing continues like a giddy roller coaster ride, including the spry "Sunday Morning," the reggae-tinged "Underneath It All," the guitar-heavy "Spiderwebs," and the melancholy "Don't Speak." And as a fitting nod to No Doubt's long-time fans, this sure-footed retrospective closes with the rhythmic workout of "Trapped in a Box" from their self-titled first album, bringing the band's musical legacy full circle.
- Country of Origin
- Interscope (USA)
- Universal Distribution
- No Doubt
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Just a Girl
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] It's My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Hey Baby - (featuring Bounty Killer)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Bathwater
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Sunday Morning
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Hella Good
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] New
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Underneath It All - (featuring Lady Saw)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Excuse Me Mr.
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Running
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Spiderwebs
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Simple Kind of Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Don't Speak
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Ex-Girlfriend
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Trapped in a Box
- Studio / Live
- Q (1/04, p.135) - 3 stars out of 5 - "[T]he period from '96 to the present has thrown up some glorious pop moments."
- Video Disabled
- Chuck Reed; Dan Chase; Tkae Mendez; George Landress; The Count; Greg Collins; Rory Baker; Karl Derfler; Alain Johannes; Matt Hyde; Michael Carnevale; Phil Kaffel; Scott Campbell; Simon Gogerly; Tom Dumont; Tony Kanal; Bryan Carrigan
No reviews yet.