Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits (CD)
Discovery Miles 3 190
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Greatest Hits
- Country of Origin
- Mono / Stereo
Entertainment Weekly (11/16/01, p.133) - "...Smashingly comprehensive..."
Q (12/01, p.156) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...A lovingly rendered career retrospective..."
NME (Magazine) (11/17/01, p.47) - 8 out of 10 - "...A collection of great songs..."
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Siva
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Rhinoceros
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Drown
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Cherub Rock
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Today
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Disarm
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Landslide
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Bullet with Butterfly Wings
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] 1979
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Zero
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Tonight, Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Eye
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Ava Adore
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Perfect
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Everlasting Gaze, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Stand Inside Your Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Real Love - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Untitled - (previously unreleased)
- Pop / Rock
- 74m 2s
- South Africa
GREATEST HITS contains 2 previously unreleased tracks.
Smashing Pumpkins: Billy Corgan, D'Arcy, James Iha, Jimmy Chamberlain.
Producers include: Butch Vig, Billy Corgan, Flood, Alan Moulder, Kerry Brown.
Compilation producer: Jennifer Quinn.
Personnel: Rick Nielsen (guitar); Matt Cameron, Matt Walker (drums).
Photographers: Lynne Fischer; Melodie McDaniel; David LaChapelle; Lisa Johnson ; Michael Lavine; Yelena Yemchuk; Danny Clinch.
Unknown Contributor Roles: D'Arcy; James Iha; Jimmy Chamberlin.
Throughout the '90s, The Smashing Pumpkins used a mixture of prog-rock, dream-pop, psychedelia and heavy metal to drag the emerging alt-rock movement kicking and screaming into the mainstream. GREATEST HITS puts these fine finest moments on display along with a pair of previously unreleased cuts. Billy Corgan's brilliant leadership mixed angst-ridden lyrics with the kind of interplay with fellow guitarist James Iha that found the duo using different shadings of distortion the way artists use paint. Opening with the controlled chaos of "Siva," the chronological path makes pit-stops at the awesome power of "Cherub Rock," sweet optimism of "Today," lush beauty of "Tonight, Tonight" and electronica shadings of "Ava Adore." Along the way, Corgan's sentimental side found him embracing Fleetwood Mac's bittersweet "Landslide" and coming up with his own brilliant pop moments like "1979" and "Bullet With Butterfly Wings."
The Limited Edition version features a second disc entitled JUDAS O, a collection of B-sides and outtakes that serves as a companion to the 1994 B-sides collection PISCES ISCARIOT. Key cuts on this bonus CD include the rumbling ruminations of "Set The Ray To Jerry" and shimmering heaviness of the previously unreleased "Slow Dawn."
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Smashing Pumpkins
- EMI Music Distribution
No reviews yet.