Super Hits:Johnny Cash - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 290
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock 'N' Roll
- Mono / Stereo
- Super Hits
Personnel includes: Johnny Cash, June Carter.
Personnel: Johnny Cash (vocals, guitar).
Photographers: Jim McGuire ; Se¤or McGuire.
Born in Arkansas, Johnny Cash began his musical career in the early 1950s, following his discharge from the Air Force. Cash developed his sound with Luther Perkins (lead guitar) and Marshall Grant (bass). Their debut, "Hey Porter"/"Cry! Cry! Cry!" emerged in 1955 on Sun Records followed by "Fulsome Prison Blues" and "I Walk the Line." In 1958 Carl Perkins' drummer, W.S. Holland, joined and Cash switched to Columbia Records, and another single, "Don't Take Your Guns to Town," sold half a million. Cash married June Carter in 1968 and they had several hit duets.
Solo, Cash recorded AT FOLSOM PRISON, which remains his best album and a contender for the best country record of all time. Shel Silverstein gave him "A Boy Named Sue," which became Cash's only Top 10 pop hit. Cash has recorded many religious albums, including THE GOSPEL ROAD with Kris Kristofferson, Larry Gatlin, and the Statler Brothers. Cash moved to Mercury Records in 1986 and found success immediately with "The Night Hank Williams Came to Town" and an all-star album, WATER FROM THE WELLS OF HOME, with Emmylou Harris, the Everly Brothers, and Paul McCartney. His contribution to country music is inestimable.
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Johnny Cash
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Ring of Fire
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Walk the Line
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Folsom Prison Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Understand Your Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Big River
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] I Still Miss Someone
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Jackson
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] A Bay Named Sue, A - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] One Piece at a Time
- Sony Music Distribution (
- 30m 37s
No reviews yet.