Swingin' Affair - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 490
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Classic Pop Vocals
- Mono / Stereo
- Voyle Gilmore
- A Swingin' Affair! [Remaster]
Personnel includes: Frank Sinatra (vocals); Nelson Riddle (conductor).
Includes liner notes by Pete Welding.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 20-bit technology.
The late-'50s recordings of Sinatra were the ones that firmly cemented in the public consciousness the image of the hip, swinging cat with the fedora and vocal chops sharp enough to perform microsurgery. The arrangements laid down by right-hand man Nelson Riddle also set a standard for pop vocal recordings of the era, attaining a feel that's simultaneously punchy and sophisticated. Sinatra wasn't overly concerned with themes or concepts here, just with finding a solid group of songs around which he could wrap his golden tonsils. Classics by the Gershwins, Cole Porter, Rodgers and Hart and Duke Ellington may seem like song selection no-brainers in retrospect, but it must be remembered that these are the recordings that actually made those songs true classics in the first place.
- Country of Origin
- Capitol/EMI Records
- Studio / Live
- Frank Sinatra
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Night and Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I Wish I Were in Love Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Got Plenty O' Nuttin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Guess I'll Have to Change My Plans
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Nice Work If You Can Get It
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Stars Fell on Alabama
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] No One Ever Tells You
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] I Won't Dance
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Lonesome Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] At Long Last Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] From This Moment On
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] If I Had You
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Oh! Look at Me Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Lady Is a Tramp, The - (bonus track)
- EMI Music Distribution
- 48m 7s
No reviews yet.