Take a Look in the Mirror - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 450
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Heavy Metal
- Mono / Stereo
- Take a Look in the Mirror [PA]
- Studio / Live
Includes Bonus DVD.
Korn: Jonathan Davis (vocals); James The Gorilla, Sir Headly (guitar); Dog (bass); Wally Balljacker (drums).
Additional personnel: Nas (rap vocals); Polar Bear (programming).
Producers: Korn, Jonathan Davis, Frank Filipetti.
Recorded at Elementree Studios, Tarzana, California and Piety Street Studios, New Orleans, Louisiana.
"Did My Time" was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Metal
Personnel: Jonathan Davis (vocals); Sir Headly, James "The Gorilla", Head (guitar); Wally Balljacker (drums); Polarbear (programming).
Audio Mixer: Frank Filipetti.
Recording information: Elementree Studios, Tarzana, CA; Piety Street Recording, New Orleans, LA.
Editors: Fred Maher; Rob Hill.
Photographers: Mitch Ikeda; Mitch Ikedo; Marina Chavez.
The good news: "Right Now," with its coruscating, descending bassline reminiscent of Led Zeppelin and obvious hip-hop influences (in both the beat and the sinister, low-key spoken middle eight), is a tour de force of pissed-off angst. The even better news: On LOOK IN THE MIRROR, Korn have grasped the nu-metal nettle and come up with that rare crossbreed of influences that's bigger than the sum of its parts, which in Korn's case, encompasses rap and even prog rock.
There's real depth here, both in musicality and emotion, as evidenced by the searing "Did My Time" and the Nas-accompanied "Play Me," where the rapper sounds totally at home amid the sonic onslaught. There's also a subtle sense of playfulness in the music, a testament both to the band's decision to produce itself and its back-to-basics sense of rediscovery. It's doubtful whether the Korn of LIFE IS PEACHY would--or could--have relaxed enough to produce something as lighthearted, (and, ironically, as commercial) as "Y'All Want a Single," a track inspired by that showbiz clichT, the managerial "Boys, what we need is a single" speech.
- Country of Origin
- Epic (USA)
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Right Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Break Some Off
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Counting on Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Here It Comes Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Deep Inside
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Did My Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Everything I've Known
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Play Me - (featuring Nas)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Alive
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Let's Do This Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] I'm Done
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Y'All Want a Single
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] When Will This End
- Rolling Stone (12/25/03-1/8/04, p.121) - 3.5 stars out of 5 - "...[Korn have] self-produced their best album to date, refining the formula to a black-cancer marmalade of corrosive riffs, fist-flying rhythms, gothic-carnival atmospheres and toxic vocals..."
- Video Disabled
- Frank Filipetti; Jim "Bud" Bonti; Tim Harkins
No reviews yet.