That's the Way of the World - (Import CD)
Wind & Fire Earth
Discovery Miles 1 250
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- 38m 23s
- That's the Way of the World [Remaster]
Also available in a 3-pack with SPIRIT and ALL IN ALL.
Earth, Wind & Fire: Maurice White (vocals, kalimba, drums); Verdine White (vocals, bass, percussion); Philip Bailey (vocals, congas, percussion); Al McKay (guitar, percussion); Johnny Graham (guitar); Andrew Woolfolk (flute, soprano & tenor saxophones); Larry Dunn (piano, organ, synthesizer); Ralph Johnson, Fred White (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Matepe Ensemble, Saini Murira.
Producers: Maurice White, Charles Stepney.
Reissue producer: Leo Sacks.
Includes liner notes by Robert Lipsyte.
Digitally remastered by Mark Wilder (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
Providing the soundtrack for the film of the same name, THAT'S THE WAY OF THE WORLD was originally released in 1975. The movie featured Earth, Wind & Fire as the Group and a young Harvey Keitel as their record producer. The album topped the charts for three weeks and is an R&B/funk classic.
The opening chords of the number-one smash "Shining Star" begin a very special record. The song's positive lyrics are laid over a fabulous groove and arrangement. A smooth trumpet piece leads into the soprano harmonies of the title track. "Happy Feelin'" picks up the pace with standout percussion and sax solos. "All About Love" is a soulful ballad featuring Maurice White on vocals. "Reasons," sung by the equally competent Philip Bailey, takes the listener on a journey to the land of R&B perfection. "Africano," featuring a flute intro, is a flowing funkified number that would be the inspiration for many disco tunes of later years. "See the Light" showcases the production talents of Maurice White. This reissue also contains five unreleased demo versions, making it an essential purchase.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Earth, Wind & Fire
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Shining Star
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] That's the Way of the World
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Happy Feelin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] All About Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Yearnin', Learnin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Reasons
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Africano
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] See the Light
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Shining Star (Future Star) - (previously unreleased, original version, bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] All About Love (First Impressions) - (previously unreleased, original version, bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Happy Feelin' (Anatomy of a Groove) - (previously unreleased, original version, bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Caribou Chaser (Jazzy Jam) - (previously unreleased, original version, bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] That's the Way of the World (Latin Expedition) - (previously unreleased, original version, bonus track)
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Q (11/99, p.146) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...the soundtrack to a long-forgotten Harvey Keitel movie...[It] blends brassy funk with tender love songs and snappy jazz..."
- Video Disabled
- George Massenburg
No reviews yet.