Tony Bennett - I Left My Heart In San Francisco (Re-Issue) - (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 250
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Classic Pop Vocals
- Number of Discs
- Copy Control
- Ernie Altschuler; Mitch Miller; Al Ham
- I Left My Heart in San Francisco [An American Classic Celebrates 80]
- Tony Bennett
Also available in a 3-pack with THE ART OF EXCELLENCE and ASTORIA: PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST.
Personnel: Tony Bennett (vocals); Candido .
Fully a decade after his first top hits, the enormous success of 1962's " I Left My Heart In San Francisco" finally established Tony Bennett as the preeminent male singer of his generation. While some of the tunes here might not be as distinguished as later work, (where Bennett would be able to excercise more clout) there are substantial offerings such as the near-transcendent "Once Upon A Time" and a thoughtful reprise of Nat "King" Cole's "Smile," complete with a lovely wordless soprano floating somewhere in the background. By this time, Bennett's slightly grainy baritone was a perfectly refined instrument; the increased confidence permeating his second interpretation of Cole Porter's "Love For Sale" (first heard on 1957's THE BEAT OF MY HEART) is infectious. A playful, off-meter reading of Cy Coleman and Carolyn Leigh's aptly titled "The Best Is Yet To Come" closes the set in high style.
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Mono / Stereo
- Sony Music
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I Left My Heart in San Francisco
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Once Upon a Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Tender Is the Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Smile
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Love For Sale
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Taking a Chance on Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Candy Kisses
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Have I Told You Lately?
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Rules of the Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Marry Young
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Best Is Yet to Come, The
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.