Toulouse Street - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 940
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- The Doobie Brothers
The Doobie Brothers shuffled personnel a bit after their debut album, changing bass players and adding a second drummer. For whatever reason, this sophomore effort was the one that kicked off their long streak as one of the most popular bands in America. The basic sound of TOULOUSE STREET isn't really all that different from the Doobies' previous effort. There's a similar mix of acoustic guitars, gospel harmonies, and overall post-hippie mellowness.
This time out, however, the songs have hooks as well as grooves. TOULOUSE STREET produced the chugging and eminently infectious "Listen to the Music," the Doobies' breakthrough hit single. Other highpoints include the anthemic "Rockin' Down the Highway," which quickly became a radio staple; a considerably juiced-up version of the Byrds' "Jesus is Just Alright;" the lovely, CSNY-inspired title song; and a nice cover--with horns--of Sonny Boy Williamson's blues classic "Don't Start Me Talkin'." Producer Ted Templeman gave the band a cleaner, harder-edged sound, and helped bring the band's unique mix of roots rock, gospel, country, jazz, bluegrass, R&B, swamp boogie, and pop hooks into perfect focus.
- Country of Origin
- Warner Bros.
- Studio / Live
- Mono / Stereo
- Toulouse Street
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Listen To the Music
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Rockin' Down the Highway
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Mamaloi
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Toulouse Street
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Cotton Mouth
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Don't Start Me To Talkin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Jesus is Just Alright
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] White Sun
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Disciple
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Snake Man
- WEA (Distributor)
No reviews yet.