United Artists Collection - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 950
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Folk Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Vincent M. Vero; Elliot Mazer; John Court; John Simon; Bruce Harris; Vincent M. Vero (Compilation); Bruce Harris (Compilation)
- The United Artists Collection
THE UNITED ARTISTS COLLECTION contains 49 tracks on 2 discs and captures all of the studio recordings Gordon Lightfoot made between 1964 and 1969. The booklet includes extensive liner notes and rare photographs.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Gordon Lightfoot (vocals, acoustic guitar); Charlie McCoy (guitar, harmonica, celesta, bells); Laurice Milton Shea, David Rae, Hugh McCracken, Red Shea, Bruce Langhorne (guitar); Herb Lovelle (drums); Kenny Buttrey (percussion).
Audio Remixers: Elliot Mazer; Gordon Lightfoot.
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Photographers: Michael Ochs; Jim Marshall ; Charles Steiner; Barry Feinstein.
THE UNITED ARTISTS COLLECTION, which includes every original track from Canadian singer/songwriter Gordon Lightfoot's first four albums, will prove illuminating to those who only know Lightfoot from his biggest hits, most of which came a bit later. The Canuck troubadour's folk roots are more obvious on his early recordings; that's not to say that there's anything traditionally folkie here by any means, since the material resembles a more pop-minded version of fellow Canadians Ian & Sylvia. It becomes quickly apparent that Lightfoot was a gifted writer straight out of the gate; the ironic diffidence of "For Lovin' Me" and the mixture of classic and modern imagery on the heartrending signature song "Early Mornin' Rain" are just the tip of the iceberg in this respect. The working-class rabble-rouser "Boss Man" and the socially conscious "Black Day in July" stand to prove that Lightfoot was always about more than just love songs. While this is not a comprehensive collection (you'll have to look elsewhere for "Sundown," "If You Could Read My Mind," etc.), you couldn't ask for a better document of Lightfoot's formative period.
- Country of Origin
- EMI Music Distribution
- Studio / Live
- Gordon Lightfoot
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Rich Man's Spiritual
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Long River
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Way I Feel - (version I)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] For Lovin' Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Changes
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Early Morning Rain
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Steel Rail Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Sixteen Miles (To Seven Lakes)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I'm Not Sayin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Pride of Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Ribbon of Darkness
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Oh Linda
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Peaceful Waters
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Walls
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] If You Got It
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Softly
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Crossroads
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Minor Ballad, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Go-Go Round
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] Rosanna
- [ Disc 01 Track 22 ] Home from the Forest
- [ Disc 01 Track 23 ] I'll Be Alright
- [ Disc 01 Track 24 ] Song for a Winter's Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 25 ] Canadian Railroad Trilogy
- [ Disc 01 Track 26 ] Way I Feel - (version II)
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Wherefor and Why
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Last Time I Saw Her, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Black Day in July
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] May I
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Magnificent Outpouring
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Does Your Mother Know
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Mountains and Maryann, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Pussywillows, Cat-Tails
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] I Want to Hear It from You
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Something Very Special
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Boss Man
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Did She Mention My Name
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Long Way Back Home
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Unsettled Ways
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Long Thin Dawn
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] Bitter Green
- [ Disc 02 Track 17 ] Circle Is Small
- [ Disc 02 Track 18 ] Marie Christine
- [ Disc 02 Track 19 ] Cold Hands from New York
- [ Disc 02 Track 20 ] Affair on 8th Avenue
- [ Disc 02 Track 21 ] Don't Beat Me Down
- [ Disc 02 Track 22 ] Gypsy, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 23 ] If I Could
- EMI Music Distribution
- 148m 46s
- Video Disabled
- Vincent M. Vero; Elliot Mazer; Bruce Harris; Charlie Tallent
No reviews yet.