Very Best of Christopher Cross - (Import CD)
List Price R 70
Discovery Miles 640
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
Personnel includes: Christopher Cross (vocals, guitar); Frances Ruffelle, Jay Graydon (guitar); Eric Johnson (electric guitar); Michael Omartian (acoustic piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Rob Meurer (electric piano, synthesizer); Andy Salmon, Joe Chemay, David Hungate (bass); Chris Ralles, Tommy Taylor, Jeff Pocardo, John Robinson (drums); Paulino DaCosta (percussion); Alexandra Brown, Lynn Bythe Davis, Khalig Glover, Richard Marx (backgorund vocals).
Producers: Christopher Cross, Rob Meurer, Michael Omartian, Steve Dorff, Scott Frankfurt.
Compilation producers: Christopher Cross, David McLees.
Digitally remastered by Dan Hersch and Bill Inglot (Digiprep).
Personnel: Christopher Cross (vocals, guitar); Frances Ruffelle, Gigi Worth (vocals); Steve Lukather (guitar, electric guitar); Michael Hart Thompson (guitar); Eric Johnson , Jay Graydon (electric guitar); Tollak Ollestad (harmonica); Ernie Watts, Gary Herbig, Kim Hutchcroft, Tom Scott (saxophone); Chuck Findley, Gary Grant, Jerry Hey (trumpet); Michael Omartian (piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Rob Meurer (electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Robbie Buchanan (keyboards, bass synthesizer); Claude Gaudette (keyboards, drum programming); Patrick Leonard (keyboards); Michael Baird , John "J.R." Robinson , Chris Ralles, Jeff Porcaro, Steve Gadd , Tommy Taylor (drums); Paulinho Da Costa (congas, percussion); Victor Feldman, Lenny Castro (percussion); Alexandra Brown, Khaliq Glover, Marty McCall, Michael McDonald , Nicolette Larson, Portia Griffin, Richard Marx, Stormie Omartian, Vesta Williams, Myrna Matthews (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Chet Himes; Doug Rider; Gabe Veltri; Jeremy Smith ; John Guess; Terry Christian.
Audio Remasterers: Dan Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Audio Remixer: Mark Casselman.
Recording information: Angel Studios, Islington, London, England; Bleach Bros. Studios, Woodland Hills, CA; Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; Christopher's Place, Santa Barbara, CA; Groovemasters, Santa Monica, CA; Homelands Studios, Beverly Hills, CA; Lion Share Studios, Santa Monica, CA; O'Henry Studios, Burbank, CA; Orange Whip Studios, Santa Barbara, CA; Pat's Playroom, Los Angeles, CA; Pecan street Studios, Austin, TX; Pop'N'Roll, Santa Monica, CA; Saucer Sound, Austin, TX; Studio South, Austin, TX; The Lighthosue, North Hollywood, CA; The Zoo, Encino, CA; Warner Bros. Recording Studios (Amigo), North Hollywood.
Arrangers: Christopher Cross; Michael Omartian; Rob Meurer.
Christopher Cross had a long career, but he peaked early. His eponymous first album produced four Top 20 hits, highlighted by "Sailing," and won five Grammys -- a record at the time. His streak continued with "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)," a collaboration with Burt Bacharach, Peter Allen, and Carole Bayer Sager that served as the theme for Dudley Moore's smash Arthur. Cross delivered a second album, Another Page, that sounded similar to the first and sold respectably well until it generated a genuine hit with "Think of Laura," thanks to General Hospital adopting it as a love theme for their Luke and Laura plot line. After that, Cross slipped away, although he released another five albums between that record and 2002's compilation, The Very Best of Christopher Cross. The problem with this compilation is that it doesn't take into consideration that early peak -- it treats each album with equal respect, with as many songs taken from 1998's Walking in Avalon and Red Room as from 1983's Another Page. While this may satisfy the artist and the die-hards who have listened with dedication over the years, those who loved the warm soft rock of the albums -- either as a guilty pleasure or without shame -- will find this collection profoundly disappointing, since after the eighth track, the collection takes a sharp turn toward fussy, sterile adult contemporary production, and it's never as pleasing to the ear as those first eight songs. This is a problem, because the collection succeeds in one respect (providing a comprehensive history) while failing in another (being an enjoyable listen). Though some will undoubtedly like this approach to Cross' career, most will wish that the compilers took Cross' early peak into account, since this collection would have been much more enjoyable. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- The Very Best of Christopher Cross
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Christopher Cross
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Ride Like the Wind
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Sailing
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Never Be the Same
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Say You'll Be Mine
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] All Right
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Think of Laura
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] No Time for Talk
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Every Turn of the World
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I Will (Take You Forever) - (New Remix, new remix)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Chance for Heaven, A (Swimming Theme)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Swept Away - (New Remix, new remix)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Loving Strangers (David's Theme)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Is There Something
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Open Up My Window
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Back of My Mind - (New Remix, new remix)
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Walking in Avalon
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] When She Smiles
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Hunger
- WEA (Distributor)
- Video Disabled
- Chet Himes; Daniel Protheroe; Doug Rider; Frank Wolf; Tom Fouce; Gabe Veltri; Tony Phillips; Mark Casselman; Jeremy Smith; John Guess; Lee Herschberg; Mark Linett; Michael Vail Blum; Paul Dieter; Richard Mullen; Terry Christian; Bill Johnson's Louisiana Jug Band
No reviews yet.