Wiseblood - (Import CD)
Corrosion of Conform
Discovery Miles 960
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Heavy Metal
- Mono / Stereo
- John Custer
Corrosion Of Conformity: Pepper Kennan (vocals, guitar); Woody Weatherman (guitar); Mike Dean (bass); Reed Mullin (drums).
Additional personnel: James Hetfield (vocals).
Recorded at Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida; Kingsway Studio, North Los Angeles, California; Electric Lady Studios, New York, New York; Reflections Sound Studios, Charlotte, North Carolina.
"Drowning In A Daydream" was nominated for a 1998 Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance.
Corrosion Of Conformity's 6th album roars and rumbles, exemplifying quality modern metal. There are now clear traces of funk, Southern rock and old-school heavy metal in the band's sound; the only hint that Corrosion Of Conformity started as a hardcore punk band comes in "Wishbone," an unrelenting thrash-metal track. This trio of virtuosos no longer thrashes, but it does rock. WISEBLOOD is angry, dark, visceral--everything that metal should be, proving you don't have to play fast to be "hard."
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Corrosion of Conformity
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] King of the Rotten
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Long Whip / Big America
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Wiseblood
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Goodbye Windows
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Born Again For the Last Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Drowning in a Daydream
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Snake Has No Head, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Door, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Man or Ash
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Redemption City
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Wishbone (Some Tomorrow)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Fuel
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Bottom Feeder (El que Come Abajo)
- Studio / Live
Entertainment Weekly (11/29/96, p.92) - "...this long-running North Carolina band is making metal exciting again. COC's guitarists shred cliches as well as notes, adding groove, nuance, and melody without diluting the music's brute force..." - Rating: A-
Q (11/96, p.120) - 3 Stars - Good - "...a collection of strong songs and equally strong, at times inspired, performances..."
- Video Disabled
- Jason Corsaro; Tracy Schroeder
No reviews yet.