Yolanda Adams - Believe (CD)
Discovery Miles 880
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Contemp. Gospel
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Country of Origin
- WEA (Distributor)
- Mono / Stereo
- Mojo (Publisher) (4/03, p.104) - 3 stars out of 5 - "...Adams' latest offering marries traditional Christian messages with modern R&B grooves....It's a winning combination..."
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Never Give Up
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I Gotta Believe
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Fo' Sho' - (featuring Karen Clark-Sheard)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Thank You
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Song of Faith, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Unconditional
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Anything
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Only If God Says Yes
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Since the Last Time I Saw You
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I'm Gonna Be Ready
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Darling Girl
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] I'm Thankful
- South Africa
This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
Personnel includes: Yolanda Adams, Karen Clark-Sheard.
Producers include: Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis, James "Big Jim" Wright, Shep Crawford, Drop Squad.
Personnel: Yolanda Adams (vocals, background vocals); Karen Clark-Sheard (vocals); T-Bone (rap vocals); Professa (guitar, bass guitar); Eric Walz, Jay Williams, John Jubu Smith (guitar); Connie Ellisor, Mary Kathryn Van Osdale, Carl Gorodetzky, Pamela Sixfin, David Davidson , Lee Larrison, Alan Umstead, Catherine Umstead (violin); David Angel , Jim Grosjean, Kris Wilkinson, Gary VanOsdale (viola); Mike Haynes , Mark Douthit, Jeff Bailey (trumpet); Chris McDonald (trombone); Kevin Bond (keyboards, programming, background vocals); James "Big Jim" Wright (keyboards, background vocals); Grant Nicholas, Shep Crawford, Bobby Ross Avila (keyboards); Iz, Ishmael Ferguson, Jeremy Haynes (drums); Alexander Richbourg (drum programming); Onitsha Shaw, Greater Philipian Youth Choir, New Life Cogic Youth Choir, Deirdra Coker, Clinta Turner, Naybu Fullman, Tanjala Wright, Kim Washington, Lisa Keith, Big Jim (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Neil Pogue; Kevin "KD" Davis; Manny Marroquin; Jan Fairchild; Xavier Smith; Kevin Bond; Peter Mokran; Ralph Cacciurri; Soul Providers; Steve Hodge; Bradley Yost.
Recording information: Bonded Music, Stone Mountain, GA; Doppler Studios, Atlanta, GA; Flyte Time Studios, Edina, MN; Hartman Way Sounds, West Hills, CA; Live Wire Studios, Detroit, MI; Marvin's Room Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Record Plant Studios, Hollywood, CA; Reflection Sound, Charlotte, NC; Seventeen Grand Studios, Nashville, TN; The Embassy, North Hollywood, CA; Westlake Studio, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographer: Marc Baptiste.
Arranger: Kevin Bond.
Riding a crossover wave that culminated in a Grammy win for 1999's MOUNTAIN HIGH…VALLEY LOW, this gospel superstar re-teams with some of the same collaborators for her first studio album of the new millennium. Superstar producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis return to the helm for the inspirational lead-off single "Never Give Up," hip-hop flavored "I'm Thankful," and the gorgeous ballad "I'm Gonna Be Ready". Elsewhere, Adams keeps the contemporary R&B vibe going with the up-tempo funk of "Fo Sho'" (featuring fellow gospel songbird Karen Clark Sheard), groove-fueled jam "Unconditional," and the Stevie Wonder-lite of "Darling Girl" inspired by her newborn daughter.
Like fellow crossover sensation Kirk Franklin, the former schoolteacher/model keeps one foot firmly placed in the world of Christian music. For this outing, Adams shares her faith on the lush "Only If God Says Yes" and makes like Patti Labelle on the equally inspiring "Since The Last Time I Saw You." BELIEVE continues to find Yolanda Adams reshaping the sounds of modern gospel in a way that sounds fresh without losing the message of the Lord.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Yolanda Adams
- 52m 59s
- Jessie Stewart; Dave Rideau; Anne Catalino; Xavier Smith; Dave Cline; Louis Brown III; C.J. DeVillar; Kevin Bond; Mark Williams; Ralph Cacciurri; Steve Hodge; Bobby Ross Avila
No reviews yet.